We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Engine Crash Bars

Which Leicester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Engine Crash Bars

New to cruising so please excuse terminology. Purchased a Viking 32 ( 1990) and on bringing it down to Leicester I reversed and cracked the s/s bars that protect the engine. Have been trying to find information on the net as to where I can purchase a new or second hand set of bars but no joy. Can anybody point me in the right direction.

milopilo

Essex
Level Contributor
27,191 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Engine Crash Bars

Well, you could try the Viking Boats Owners Club:

http://www.vikingowners.org.uk/

or e-bay

or boat breakers, or 'boat jumbles' (guess they have them, same as autojumbles) AND I can't believe that you can't find anyone who makes aftermarket parts, or buy direct from the manufacturer.

Leicester
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Engine Crash Bars

Thanks for your info. New to cruising so really pleased to have info from the likes of yourself. Thanks again.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,191 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Engine Crash Bars

You are welcome! In fact I am no boating expert, it took me about 2 seconds to google that lot up!!

My 'best toy' is a motorbike, I just hazarded a guess that maybe boat parts could be sourced from similar (but boat themed of course) places and events!

Good luck with your new hobby, I like boating but glad I don't have one to try and maintain!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Engine Crash Bars

Why not try www.canalworld.net as that is the forum for inland waterways users?

5. Re: Engine Crash Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, June 21, 2013