We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

micra1

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
micra1

Hi micra1, ive been on the web site for the St Ives hotel but every date ive put in says sorry no rooms available and goes on to recomend other hotels. I was dying to give it a go there but dont seem to be able to get anything.

England
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: micra1

Hi, Disc.

That's such a shame, but I'm not surprised it's popular. Why don't you phone them direct just to make sure - the website could be saying fully booked when they're not.

BTW, I stayed in room 57, which is a nice one with separate kids' room and a lovely view of the sea. I got a deal through Laterooms, but I've not seen any availability for St Ives on LR since then.

I've also stayed at the Imperial which was okay but not as good as the St Ives - it has a nice little pool, but I don't think it has the kids' entertainment you're looking for.

I'm thinking of going myself during February half term or Easter - sounds like I'd better start checking availability myself!

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

:)

England
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: micra1

Hi again, Disc.

I tried St Ives booking site myself last night and couldn't get any availability for two adults and two kids until May. However, Hotelnet offered availability at the hotel for 4th April.

The St Ives website doesn't seem terribly accurate - I'm going to phone them to see if they have any availability over Easter.

Thanks for your compliment on the hotels' site, btw :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: micra1

Hi micra, yes i,m going to give them a ring too. I,m also going to ring the Claremont and the Cliffs. I,m hoping to get something for eng of august for 3 or 4 nights. The grandchildren we,rnt too happy about it because they want to go back to Sparkles but i want a change now and the entertainment for kids looks great in the St Ives. I,ll let you know how i get on.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: micra1

Micra and everyone, Just rang the Claremont for 4 night s in august, also rang St Ives. Hope for opinions before this gets zapped.

Claremont said 357pounds and St Ives 416.pound .Is this about average or is it over the top. It does include evening meal and entertainment but in the brochure it works out 60 pound less so i think they charge me a single supplement cos its just me and the children. Any opinions appreciated.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: micra1

If it's the same St. Ives hotel I am thinking about, then they don't have on-line bookings as far as I can see. They are a client of a bookings provider called hotelnet. These bookings providers can charge as much as 15% in booking fees. One solution to cut down the fees is to limit the availability so that customers have to call to the hotel direct to make a booking. Good luck. Or a suggestion for anybody booking a hotel anywhere, once you have found the best rate i.e. laterooms, e-mail the hotel owner/manager with the room, dates, and rate you have been quoted but tell him/her that you would like to book direct and is there any further discount available.

England
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: micra1

Hi again.

North Shore Expert: The St Ives has only just started its own online booking service but it seems to be a bit hit and miss, (it also uses Hotelnet which showed availability for me when the St Ives' own site did not!)

Disc: Glad to see that it seems the St Ives did have availability - all credit to them for trying to introduce online booking, but it's not going to work unless it's accurate!

£416 doesn't seem too bad for August with evening meal, considering it's a hotel not a B&B - provided that the kids' meals are included for that price - I wouldn't be happy if I had to pay out any extra on top. (I paid £140 for two nights for one adult and two kids, B&B in late August, but that was via Laterooms.) Maybe post on another thread and ask what other people have paid elsewhere. I'd also query the under-occupancy supplement just to check you're not being over-charged.

I've visited the Claremont loads of times for 'do's' but never stayed there. It has always seemed like a nice hotel in terms of its public areas, but it gets mixed reviews. The Claremont has very little parking, but is within walking distance to the town centre, whereas the St Ives has ample parking and, although it's a tram ride/short drive into Blackpool, the area is very pleasant and quiet.

Good luck with your decision :)

7. Re: micra1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 pm, August 24, 2009