We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my amazing trip :)

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Topic
my amazing trip :)

I loved Blackpool!!

Got back in yesterday afternoon, had a ball!

WEll I promised I would let you know how I got on - so here it goes.

Arrived into Blackpool after an hour delay, the weather was cloudy so didnt get the view I wanted. But when we landed I could see the big one and the tower I started to get real excited :) so we walked from the airport to Starr Gate - I was surprised at how easy it was to get to the start of the tram line, we got on the trams at Starr Gate and got off at Cliffs hotel which was directly beside my hotel, so it was handy to have a tram stop right outside my hotel. I was surprised by how busy the resort was - our flight was complety full just one spare seat. took us not even an hour to get from the airport to the hotel checked in and all. Our first afternoon was spend getting our bearings, we took a walk right along the pier until central pier - it was should a fun atmosphere! The first night we went to a few bars - ended in Walkabout. The laugh we had with people dressed up for Halloween. The tram servixe id great a tram nearly every 5 minutes, stopping along the front. You can buy a day ticket which is better as they are pretty pricey.

The next day we went for a little bit of shopping, went to Ripleys Believe it or not, then onto the Sea Life centre and Coral Island for the arcades, the weather was lovely on our second day even got a little bit of sun on my face. The day went so quickly just taking in the sights and feel of the resort. The evening was spent on centeral pier on the big wheel (I did it Doc!!) gripping onto the sides like my life depended on it !! - the view from that is amazing it looks like your in the middle of the sea, we went to the Rose and Crown for our Sunday dinner and a few tipples.

Monday was the end of our trip :( weather was good, we had a bit of money left so we decided to go up the tower, the views are out of this world - can see for miles!! (even braved the walk of faith) not very well though lol. A little bit more shopping then onto the airport and home!

A little of my favourite things!

The lights: one word amazing - I was hipnotised by them, especially out towards Fleetwood. All you can see for miles is lights. I have to say I can see why so many people go to see them every year.

The Piers: So much of each of those, and they differ so much, from North Pier being the quietest and more tranquill and South Pier and Centeral Pier being hiving with things to keep everyone amazed.

The people it attracts: I was sitting on the prom watching the world go by - it was amazing seeing everyone from Stag parties to Hen parties to young toddlers to old couples walking down the prom. To me thats the beauty of Balckpool it has something for everyone

Blackpool Tower - I loved it haha after me worrying about it being a waste of money, the ballroom is gorgeous and to see the couples dancing is great. I never relaized it would be so grand along with teh friendless of the staff and the view from the top WOW ! I nearly got blew away and yes I made it up to the 412ft point picture and all took :)

When we were taking off I looked back and got an amazing view !

miss it so much, just the atmosphere and that - whoever said Balckpool was down and grotty im sorry but you must have been walking around with your eyes closed.

Im already planning a weekend in June !

ireland
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: my amazing trip :)

Doc, have you ever been to Blackpoo in June?

Would the resort be busy and open?

I thought the Pleasure beach closed down !!

England
Level Contributor
454 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: my amazing trip :)

Blackpool is great in June. You will get good hotel deals then.

Pleasure Beach will be open along with all the other attractions.

It's much quieter mostly pensioners actually.

The weather is perfect then without the crowds

Dunfermline, Fife
Level Contributor
578 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: my amazing trip :)

Totally agree with isobel.

I think that December is actually the only month I have never been down.

The Pleasure Beach is open weekends from February up til Easter and then it opens up 7 days a week until the end of the Illuminations.

You find that often during quieter times in May/June that the hours are a little shorter (something like 12 or 1 until 5 or 6). However, that is usually countered by cheap wristbands.

If you are going at weekends though I think Blackpool is pretty rammed all through the season. All the nice hotels - the ones who really make an effort seem to do OK at this time too.

It's a great place in June... but then again its great all the time !!

England
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: my amazing trip :)

Hi.

So glad you had a great time - only wish i could get back up again before next year!

:))

Dunfermline, Fife
Level Contributor
578 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: my amazing trip :)

Well all those Roller Coaster clubs and enthusiasts have annual meetings or conventions in Blackpool.

The Third Doctor is therefore propsing we form the "Blackpool Enthusiasts" club and have a big convention in the resort sometime in 2007 !!

There must be enough of us out there to fill a pub or two ;-)

ireland
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: my amazing trip :)

I agree Doc, I defo think we should organise a weekend to meet up - have a good yarn about Blackpool in Blackpool!

Flights arent out yet for June, but emailed a few hotels so see what they come back with.

My friend sent me over a few more pictures of the lights last night :-( God I miss that place! Im having withdrawl symptoms !

Scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: my amazing trip :)

Glad you enjoyed yourself im going down this weekend i cant wait counting down the hours lol think we are going to see the fireworks on the Saturday and on the Sunday going to see the final ever Mystique show so should be good x

ireland
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: my amazing trip :)

Hi Jen,

Your so lucky - I wish I was going back next weekend, but im going back in 12 weeks :-)

yeah we seen loads of publicity with it being teh last show when we were there last week.

The place was real busy when I was there - had a ball.

Will be a little different than when Iw as there before.

19. Re: my amazing trip :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, August 18, 2009