We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerayr for forthcoming weekend.

ireland
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Topic
itinerayr for forthcoming weekend.

OK so we are heading this weekend, just want to run through out plans!

I just want to make sure we are going to see and do the right things, make sure Im not wasting my time seeing and doing things that our worth while.

SATURDAY

* City sightseeing tour

* North Pier

* Illuminations and Great Prommenade Show

* A few drinks a meal - can anyone recommend?

SUNDAY

* Centeral and South Pier

* Ripleys Believe it or not

* Louis Waxworks

* Another walk along the prom for lights, with fish and chips lol

* Meal and a few drinks

MONDAY

* Blackpool Tower

* Pleasure Beach - for a few hours

Any good or bad points?

England
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerayr for forthcoming weekend.

Hi.

Looks okay, but if the weather's good, try to fit in a visit to Stanley Park on Sunday, and you might want to consider the Dr Who exhibition or Sealife.

I ate at il Corsaro on Clifton Street - it was very nice and they do an 'early bird' special. Check this and other restaurants out at:

http://www.blackpoolrestaurant.com/

Dunfermline, Fife
Level Contributor
578 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerayr for forthcoming weekend.

Agree with micra. You might want to just replace the Waxworks with Doctor Who and/or Sealife.

Honest, you know how much I rave on about Blackpool, but the waxworks are truly awful !! Almost embarassingly bad !!

The best bit about them is laughing at ones that are exceptionally bad - so yes you will do a lot of laughing !!

If Chinese is your thing then I would heartily reccommend Mr Fu's Sailing Junk on Ocean Boulevard (right under the Pepsi Max Big One - although I notice the new signs in the park refer to it simply as Big One !!?!?).

Have a ball !

ireland
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerayr for forthcoming weekend.

thanks guys :-) I cant wait - this time tomorrow at the airport :-)

Ok a quick question would the view from the big wheel be the same as the tower? We dont really want to go for the jungle jioms, ballroom etc just the view?

Dunfermline, Fife
Level Contributor
578 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerayr for forthcoming weekend.

It's not near as high as the tower although you can still get a great view from the top of it...

Mind you I am terrified of the thing !!

You also get a great view as you go up the first hill in the Pepsi Max Big One.

Your weather looks like picking up over the weekend too. BBC even have sun there for Sunday !

Have fun !!

ireland
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerayr for forthcoming weekend.

Oh sun is a good sign - thats our full day as well :-)

/Yeah im so scared myself lol I could go on the fastest, scariest, highest rollarcoaster not a problem, see the Big wheel I grip on for dear life haha.

Will do a wee report on my trip when I get back.

Thanks for all the help Doc on teh build up to my trip.

6. Re: itinerayr for forthcoming weekend.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 18, 2009