We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackpool here we come!

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Blackpool here we come!

So going to Blackpool tomorrow with mrs and 4 year old ,London is chucking is down in bucket loads!!! Still looking forward to Blackpool!!! See you there!!! Any tips and advice for train journey from London,changing at Preston,keeping little one busy,first exploration of Blackpool,close supermarkets,fast food joints,rainy days etc!!!

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blackpool here we come!

First off, I would warn you that Preston train station is very cold, no matter what the season so I would make sure you all have a jacket/jumper! I don't have children but I would say that the Sandcastle should probably be on your agenda and would be excellent for a rainy day. Also, Blackpool Tower Dungeon appears to be popular with families although I have to say I have never been. No visit to Blackpool would be complete without a visit to Blackpool Tower! In relation to supermarkets, in the centre of Blackpool there is a Morrisons local and there is also an M & S with a food department. There is also a McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Harry Ramsdens Fish & Chips. Hope this helps!

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blackpool here we come!

Also, there is a massive Sainsburys which has just opened (hence me forgetting to include in my post above!) right next to the train station.

bonnie scotland
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blackpool here we come!

Hello, we are frequent holidaymakers to Blackpool and change at Preston train station. The connections to Blackpool are usually pretty quick but if you find yourself with a longish wait, nip into upper crust in the station for refreshments if you need them!

Attractions in Blackpool, I suggest you have a wee look online at the blackpool website to see what interests you.

The tower, Pleasure Beach, Sandcastle indoor water park, Zoo, Stanley Park, Circus, Sea life centre etc etc.

Some of these attractions may be busy due to peak holiday season and school holidays. It can be pretty expensive to pay entrance fees on the day, check out online prices tonight and save money!

There is a co-op supermarket not far from the station and plenty of cafes and takeaways scattered around everywhere.

My wee boy amuses himself on the train with a portable DVD player, books, crayons etc.

Have a good time, enjoy yourselves!

bonnie scotland
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blackpool here we come!

Hello, we are frequent holidaymakers to Blackpool and change at Preston train station. The connections to Blackpool are usually pretty quick but if you find yourself with a longish wait, nip into upper crust in the station for refreshments if you need them!

Attractions in Blackpool, I suggest you have a wee look online at the blackpool website to see what interests you.

The tower, Pleasure Beach, Sandcastle indoor water park, Zoo, Stanley Park, Circus, Sea life centre etc etc.

Some of these attractions may be busy due to peak holiday season and school holidays. It can be pretty expensive to pay entrance fees on the day, check out online prices tonight and save money!

There is a co-op supermarket not far from the station and plenty of cafes and takeaways scattered around everywhere.

My wee boy amuses himself on the train with a portable DVD player, books, crayons etc.

Have a good time, enjoy yourselves!

We usually go in Spring and Autumn but I think there may still be donkey rides on the beach at this time of year?

P.s. good to know Sainsburys has now opened, it was still in progress in April!

5. Re: Blackpool here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 12, 2015