We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I don't want to knock Blackpool but .....

Level Contributor
27 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
I don't want to knock Blackpool but .....

I have just got back from a holiday in Las Vegas. We want Blackpool to become the new LV, we've a long way to go!! Apart from the standard and size of the hotels, everywhere we went we met pleasant people who were happy to help. All shop assistants were really welcoming and polite. Everywhere was very clean! Any public toilets we visited were clean and all had toilet seat covers and soap in the dispensers! We walked the strip at midnight and felt completely safe. Would I do that in Blackpool - not a chance!

I've been home a couple of days, went into town yesterday was served in a bakery without a please or thank you - just had the change shoved at me. The town centre was filthy with rubbish blowing about and as for using public loo's, I wouldn't even attempt it here. I have fully supported the regeneration ideas put forward, but hadn't fully realised just how badly it's needed.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I don't want to knock Blackpool but .....

If you have bad things to say about Bolton I will probably agree with you. I'm not from Bolton originally and only live here because it's cheap.

12. Re: I don't want to knock Blackpool but .....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 pm, August 17, 2009