We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neither a Stag not a Family

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Neither a Stag not a Family

Hi there

I am taking my husband to Blackpool for his birthday this year, on 15th November for 2 nights (I spoil him, I know but we've no holiday days left to get away)

We are very happy to stay in a B&B, or a hotel. The problem I have is that everywhere either seems to be very 'no late nights, family friendly, no clubbers' or full on stag and hen accommodation! We want something in between

What I need is either a B&B or hotel for max £130 for the 2 nights, quite a central location (30/40 minute walk to Pleasure Beach), that will let us come home late with no hassle. We're not animals (we're 35), or rowdy in any way, but we do stay out late at the weekend and like to make the most of it. Half the B&Bs seem to think they are your parents and can tell you what to do, which I appreciate since it is their home, but we want to just enjoy our weekend on our own terms. Parking isn't necessary, but a bar would be nice (not essential), and of course our own key / entry card

Any ideas please people? Many thanks in advance

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neither a Stag not a Family

Recommend Bringewood Guest House without a doubt. Have a look at the reviews.

You won't be disappointed!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neither a Stag not a Family

Hi bringewood is more than a 25 to 30 minute walk to pleasure beach ..SBnNA Take a look at craimar hotel .. hull road The Osborne house hotel reads ave Or Hornby villa Hornby road ..mazza

Blackpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neither a Stag not a Family

15th November? Don't forget that is out of season. Pleasure Beach will be closed.

BLACKPOOL
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neither a Stag not a Family

Thanks for the mention Mazza2112....But we are already full that weekend

Have a look at our friends www.ashlodgeguesthouse.co.uk think rooms are £136 for 2 nights but nice rooms & about a 40min walk to pleasure beach...

Dundee
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neither a Stag not a Family

Try the Sutton Park hotel in Woodfield Road.Very,very clean and a great breakfast from Mick.Got a nice bar as well and all welcome but if you`re a City fan you will be well looked after.Late keys supplied also.Check the reviews they are excellent.

England, United...
Level Contributor
8,771 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Neither a Stag not a Family

Have a look on TA at The Corona. It is absolutely wonderful. No stag or hen groups accepted there. Immaculately clean, a very good breakfast, and Paul and Richard are wonderful hosts. It is a 5 minute walk from the PB and is one road back from the prom, so fairly quiet.

The lounge bar prices are very reasonable, and you can get a late key if you are having a night out, although we never needed one because either Paul or Richard were still up and about when we got back. We did however mention that we may be a bit late and they said it wasn't a problem.

I would recommend it to anyone. They do a good value evening meal and the menu is in reception from late afternoon. You just need to tell them if you want to dine in.

Please let us know what you decide.

Kind regards

Mondial

Edited: 3:23 pm, September 21, 2013
Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Neither a Stag not a Family

We've just come back from a weekend at the Blackpool FC Hotel,all new & squeaky clean,great food in there restautant & wonderful staff

8. Re: Neither a Stag not a Family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 24, 2014