We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cala gran holiday park

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
cala gran holiday park

hi everyone

I was just wondering if any one has been here as i have booked a long weekend in September with my mum and five year old. Is it easy to travel to and from blackpool? Are the onsite facilties good? I am staying in a four star caravan any advice about blackpool or the haven park would be useful. Thanks

England
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cala gran holiday park

Hi.

i haven't stayed there myself, but I've heard it's a nice site.

Check out the park's website for details:

havenholidays.com/Parks/…

It's only about 8 miles into the centre of Blackpool, and there is a regular bus service. Will you be staying on site a lot or going into Blackpool?

For ideas on what to do in Blackpool, check out this recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186332-i314-k6728…

You might also want to visit Freeport near Fleetwood, which is a discount shopping outlet. There is also a marina there. Check it out at:

http://www.freeport-fleetwood.com/

Hope this helps a bit.

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cala gran holiday park

thanks for that glad to hear there is a bus service because we will not have a car. We will hopfully be seeing the sights and spending most of our time in blackpool the five year old is very excited because she has never been on holiday before so we want to do as much as we can and so she can enjoy the holiday. Can you get the tram from the holiday park to blackpool?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cala gran holiday park

Hi

Cala Gran is quite a distance from the Promenade, where the trams are. You would be better off getting the bus (number 14, I think) into Blackpool Town Centre.

Check out www.blackpooltransport.co.uk for further details

England
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cala gran holiday park

Hi again.

If you look on Blackpool transport's website and click on the bit that shows the Cala Gran's location, it shows that there is a bus route which goes straight past the park, (the number 14 bus I think). There is also a tram line a short walk away to the right. Check it out at:

http://www.blackpooltransport.com/

The purple dotted line on the map represents the tram line.

See this thread for info on travel costs:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186332-i314-k6453…

You are going to Blackpool during the Illuminations' period, so the tram is the best way to see the 'lights'. If you are going to visit the Pleasure Beach, you could go all the way there by tram during the day and then come back by tram when the lights are on. It's best to see the lights going from the Pleasure Beach end and finishing in Bispham, because the tableaux are at Bispham. These are definitely the best part of the lights, except for the Tower itself.

BTW if you are going to the Pleasure Beach, remember that you don't need to buy wristbands for the whole family unless you want to, (£72 for a family of 3 wristband which includes seeing a show subject to availability). If you want to, you can just buy a book of tickets on the gate instead, which can then be used by any member of the party.

This is a real saving if not everybody wants to go on the rides. When I went last year with my kids, I bought the cheapest book of tickets, (£20, I think), and they just shared these. I spent another £4 on tickets when I got in there because I got the urge to go on the 'Noah's Ark', (always been too scared to go in when I was little, finally got around to it!) and the carousel!

(I thought I'd mention this because the Pleasure Beach are really sneaky about not mentioning on their website that you don't need to buy the wristbands in order to get in.)

Anglesey, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cala gran holiday park

I reckon some people got knickers in a twist here. Haven Cala Gran is 2 miles out of Fleetwood, not Blackpool. The haven site for Blackpool is the Marton Mere park ,4 miles out towards the motorway.I suspect some replies are referring to the marton mere.

OK> cala gran, 1 mile from tram stop at Broadwater. Tram from there goes full length to Blackpool south promenade.Buses go from park gate to Blackpool one direction and Broadwater and Fleetwood ,other direction.I have done many havens sites and I rate Cala Gran slightly below average to others. but if you havn:t been to Haven before then kids will love it especially the evening entertainment.Dont forget Fleetwood is 8 miles from Blackpool.

England
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cala gran holiday park

Brimwit.

Everyone on this thread is aware that UKgirl is staying at the Cala Gran in Fleetwood, hence mine and Caroline's reference to the number 14 bus and my comment that the site is situated 8 miles from the centre of Blackpool.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cala gran holiday park

I agree. Can also confirm that ti is a number 14 bus that stops by Cala Gran and travels to Blackpool town centre.

As the tram is around a mile away from Cala Gran and to get to it you have to cross a very busy roundabout intersection, along with another main road with an awkward tram and car junction, I did say it is a fair walk.

If your five year old is in a buggy, it may be easier, but I'm assuming that a five year old will want to walk. My daughter, 2 and a half, gives me such a battle getting into hers that I can only imagine what a child twice her age would be like!

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cala gran holiday park

yeah i can't imagine the five year old in the buggy she been walking for years i think i would hear a lot of protesting. She likes to be independent

9. Re: cala gran holiday park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 13, 2009