We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-week Family Entertainment

Radcliffe, Gr...
Level Contributor
286 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-week Family Entertainment

Staying in a self catering apartment Monday to Thursday and wanted recommendations of where to go in the evening with our soon to be 4 year old.

Are the bars on the piers (Laughing Donkey, Family Bar) open til late (10pm) during the week?

Are there any hotel along the front that have entertainment for non residents?

We are staying south shore but anything within 5 mins of a tram stop would be fine too :)

Radcliffe, Gr...
Level Contributor
286 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

Also worth mentioning, the place doesn't necessarily need to have entertainment on, we just need to be aware of family friendly places to go after we've had our evening meal. Last time we came (2 years ago) we found that everywhere along the front seemed to close at 8pm...

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

hi ,

i am looking for the same let you know if i find anything

Radcliffe, Gr...
Level Contributor
286 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

Thanks Lorraine W, we've planned to go for tea at The Air Balloon (nr the airport) one night and they have a wacky warehouse for the little ones to enjoy.

Just 2 more evenings to fill...

Radcliffe, Gr...
Level Contributor
286 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

Found out today the North Pier also has a family bar - Carousel Bar, they said mid week they usually stay open until 7:30pm

Mentioned in this post
North Pier
North Pier
889 Reviews
Blackpool, UK
5. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, June 15, 2013
Blackpool
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

Your welcome to come to our show Wednesday to Sunday see trip advisor reveiws

Radcliffe, Gr...
Level Contributor
286 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

What show and whereabouts are you located?

Blackpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

Hi Jinx is at the Horseshoe Pleasure Beach.

blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/shows/…

Mentioned in this post
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
10,495 Reviews
Blackpool, UK
Radcliffe, Gr...
Level Contributor
286 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

Just wondering is it £8.50 a child whatever their age, our little girl will have just turned 4. What time does theshow finish?

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mid-week Family Entertainment

Having visited Blackpool for the first time as a Family (2 girls 6 + 11) last July (2012), I found enough places to keep us going.

All depends what your looking for I suppose.

Most places will start to wind down around 11pm I noticed that but come the end of July they are open later.

As earlier posts say. The 3 piers all have entertainment on Laughing Donkey on South Pier

Central last year had Joni Pill from 7pm - 11pm but this year i noticed that they have someone else on Sat and Sun and are charging to get in, and it wasn't cheap if I remember correctly.

Needless to say I wont be going there this year. The Tower Ballroom has a family bar Tue and Wed in July but more often after 31st July, when us Scottish are home LOL.

The Manchester Bar has a family bar upstairs and we found this ideal with a soft play area for really young kids. Food was reasonable and prices too. We have booked the Sands Legends Show also again its more expense but hope its a good nights entertainment, by reviews it should be.

We have also booke the Hi Jinx Show too

Hope this helps

I added links but they made me romove them in case I was spamming

Mentioned in this post
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
South Pier
South Pier
216 Reviews
Blackpool, UK
The Blackpool Tower Ballroom