We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegan Blackpool

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
19 posts
281 reviews
Save Topic
Vegan Blackpool

Well, I think it's fair to say that Blackpool is not heavily populated with vegans! Trying to find a hotel/B&B that will cater for one is proving tricky.

I did turn up "Wildlife Hotel" on a search engine, but there appears to be not a single review anywhere in the world on the place, it has no website and not even an email address. As much as I quite like adventure in my short breaks, I've seen enough bad Blackpool B&Bs in the past that I try to slim those chances down significantly.

Anyone know anything about this place (The New Guilderoy is full, sadly), or can anyone suggest an alternative, maybe?

Blackpool
Level Contributor
645 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegan Blackpool

The 'Wildlife Hotel', sounds interesting. Maybe it has closed?

Have you thought of calling one of the better rated guesthouses on somewhere like booking.com and seeing what you can arrange. For example if you bought your own soya milk, they might keep it in the fridge for you for breakfast. I think most decent ones would buy and cook veggie sausages etc (if you are into that). A decent B&B should be able to cope with that!

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
19 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegan Blackpool

Thanks for the response, and yeah, that's what we normally end up doing. I was just surprised to find a place stating it was a vegan hotel in Blackpool. It may well be too good to be true, I guess.

As for whether or not it is still trading, given that they've hardly gone out of their way to make it easy to find/talk to them, they haven't given themselves the best chances of staying in business :-)

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,661 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegan Blackpool

Found this link, might be somewhere there that can accommodate Sionel;

…vegangroup.co.uk/locations/index.html

Jules

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
19 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegan Blackpool

Thanks Jules - that's the very link I dug through to find the Wildlife place. As it is the good folks at the New Guilderoy Hotel (rated highly on here) squeezed us in with the promise of vegan food.

Cheers for the effort though!

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,661 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegan Blackpool

Oh that's good Sionel, glad you got sorted.

Jules

Edited: 7:09 am, October 06, 2012
Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegan Blackpool

For future reference you could check out this page:

www.veggieplaces.co.uk/search_results.php…

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegan Blackpool

Or if you fancy staying in genteel St Annes......

http://www.adastra.me.uk/breakfast/

Edited: 6:17 am, October 10, 2012
Lancaster, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegan Blackpool

Hello, just seen your query about vegan-friendly b&b in Blackpool. I think it's fair to say that the Cameo, 30 Hornby Road, gave me and my vegan friend excellent service in December 2010. We gave them a couple of days notice and were delighted with a tasty 3 course dinner freshly cooked for us. I'm not a great one for writing reviews but hope this may help others.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegan Blackpool

Hi

The wildlife hotel was taken over last year by two gentleman and renamed also

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
19 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegan Blackpool

Thanks for the updates, folks. - much appreciated.