We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochdale
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

I'm planning a trip in April and was wondering if anyone can help me get from Blackpool North to the nearest bus stop for the number 14 to Fleetwood.... I have three tabs open, google maps, blackpool transport service map and the timetable for the number 14 but the random stops it shows aren't anywhere near where I'm starting from.

Please could a local help??? xxx

Blackpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

My guess is that the number 14 will stop at Talbot Road Bus Station, pictured here www.flickr.com/photos/tom-swailes/3304377770/

This is 1 mins walk from Blackpool North. If you are there about 5 mins before the timetable stop of Clifton St you should be ok.

I would first call Blackpool transport on 01253 473001 and ask them if 14 stops at Talbot Road Bus Station.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

I dont think any bus stops at the old Talbot Road Bus Station these days.

As you leave Blackpool North, turn left on the main road Talbot Road (in the direction towards Apollo and Mecca Bingo - away from Wilkinsons direction) and there's a stop about 5 mins walk away.

The 14 stops opposite the Cala Gran.

Rochdale
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

Thank you for your help xx

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

Hi,

When you leave the station, walk down Talbot Road towards the sea, there is a number 14 stop outside Home Bargains, this will take you to Cala Gran :)

aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
353 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

What buses are there from Cala Gran to Blackpool Tower/Pleasure Beach etc

and how much does it cost (2 adults 2 kids).

Thanks very much

Blackpool, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

The no 14 stops outside the Cala Gran and goes to the town centre for the Tower. The no 1 goes the scenic route down the prom, to the Tower and the Pleasure Beach but the nearest stop is about 10 mins walk away (near Rossall School on Broadway).

The trams are supposed to be running from Fleetwood again from the beginning of April, which go down the prom past the Tower to the Pleasure Beach, and the nearest stops are 10 mins walk from the Cala Gran (either Broadwater or Rossall School on Broadway).

Ticket options and maps here: www.blackpooltransport.com/Map.aspx

aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
353 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

Thankyou very much newname186332 much appreciated

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

Hi,

Your best bet would be to get a day ticket, this is £9 for a family, you can use this on any Blackpool Transport bus or tram. The trams start running again on Good Friday. Family ticket consists of two adults and three children or one adult and four children. Sorry just realised i presumed there would be children. If just adults then a ticket from a paypoint shop is £3.50 for an adult or £4 when bought on the vehicle.

Happy holidays!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

BTW the 14 doesnt stop at the old Bus Station :)

aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
353 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Cala Gran Fleetwood from Blackpool North

Thanks very much for that info beebee,We are arriving on April 7th at Cala Gran for a week,We will be going into Blackpool on approx 4 or 5 days for the pleasure beach,tower,etc.

Do you know the best place for parking not too far from the pleasure beach for a day say 10 till 6 and how much it might cost?

Many thanks again.