We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curry house

worksop
Level Contributor
387 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Curry house

Recommendations required please if anyone has personal experience.

Thank you.

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curry house

General opinion seems to favour the Lee Raj on Squires Gate Lane. Never been myself but everyone Ive spoken to loves it.

UK
Level Contributor
598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curry house

Haven't been to the Lee Raj either - thanks for the tip !

In the central area, the Thamasha on Dickson Road is fairly decent. Their website has been suspended though and I'm not sure if they're still in business - it's nearly a year since I was there.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Curry house

Closed I'm afraid. Pity it was very good

UK
Level Contributor
598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curry house

That's a shame. I was hoping to visit it again on my next trip in a few weeks time. The other curry houses in that general area are all pretty poor.

I hear the Jali is quite good but the high prices and the mention of "fine Indian dining" on their website puts me off a bit !

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curry house

The Lee Raj in my opinion is not only the best Indian in Blackpool, but the best i've ever tasted. I lived in Birmingham for 9 years and never had an indian there to beat the Lee Raj. Its just across the road from the airport and on local bus routes, well worth making the effort to eat there :-)

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Curry house

the jali is brilliant, tried takeaway part at the one at squiresgate its ok too.

Blackpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
622 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Curry house

The Gurkha (Alpine Hotel) on Waterloo Road (Pass South Station & Aldi on your right, then 100m on left) Buffet around £10 - eat as much as you like. Indian Palace 280 Lytham road, (opp Wetherspoons) is a very popular takeaway, open til midnight.. I am not an indian expert, just love FOOD!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Curry house

the ghurka very good all you can eat, good selection. indian palace, we do get our take aways from there, although i would not say it is cuisine lol but it is great for the a mix of us to all tuck in chicken tikka masal good but in a weird pink sauce. my lad loves it.

9. Re: Curry house

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, October 05, 2012