We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled access

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled access

Is Libertys on the square wheelchair friendly?

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled access

Libertys is now the Alabama.

Alabama Showboat

Cocker Square

Tel: 01253 291155 www.thealabama.co.uk

Entrance is ramped for wheelchair access. There are also wheelchair

accessible toilets.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled access

Thanks for the info, l think l should be ok to book now.

Barrow-in-Furness...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Disabled access

I'm looking to support a double amputie for a week/5 days in blackpool. round september. Any reomendations for a reasonable hotel please MUST have wet room.

Thanks Barbara

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disabled access

Hello Barbara,

.........I can recommend the Norbreck Castle, although it is a bit tired now their accessable rooms are on the ground floor and have large wetrooms.

When i'm looking for somewhere new l google the name of the town and hothels with wheelchair rooms. A good read of the reviews gives an idea of what to expect, though l suggest phoning rather than booking on line. l hope you have a lovely holiday.

Mary.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disabled access

Libertys is actually still libertys. The Alabama is the showboat which is now not there anymore

It is definately not so wheelchair friendly. There are steps up to the lift and at least 3 sets of steps from the lift to the dining room

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disabled access

Thank you for the information, I am greatful.

7. Re: Disabled access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, June 22, 2013