We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwood Hotel reviews - Calling all locals

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,243 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Norwood Hotel reviews - Calling all locals

I noticed that The Norwood Hotel has won two 2005 Travellers Choice awards from Tripadvisor for Best Hidden Gem and Best Bargain.

I was curious to know more about this delightful hotel only to discover that almost all the reviews look as if they have been lifted directly from the hotel's visitors book. They all mention the owners by name and almost all are signed, very unusual.

Do any locals have knowledge of this establishment and, if so, would they be prepared to comment?

England
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Norwood Hotel reviews - Calling all locals

Hi.

All this squabbling on a public forum between individuals with a private 'beef' is getting me down.

None of us, except the parties concerned, know what went down. Time to close this thread IMO.

North West
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: Norwood Hotel reviews - Calling all locals

Its a Trip Advisor public forum and it can get lively. Trip Advisor is a site which hosts a huge number of reviews some of which are contentious. This is not a "private beef" but an opportunity to have some unbiased second opinions on what is a very important matter for me particularly. This is an e-mail only exchange and as the full content of all communication between the parties has been published how can you say that only the people involved can know what really went on? The thread, which is unfortunately really a mix of two threads, has run to a natural end anyway and you are just needlessly prolonging it. Your post added nothing constructive whatsoever and I find that unusual as previous posts of yours have been well written and informative.

Fife
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Norwood Hotel reviews - Calling all locals

I agree with everybody. It is private in one sense but it is also important that a sorta compromise is reached which might help redefine trips guidelines so that everybody is clear on what is acceptable to review about and what these forums are for......I doubt trip will actually pay any attention to the forum anyway but at least we will all be clear on what is acceptable...

I think just reading the guidelines it is not about hotel promotion and it should just be about peoples experience with a business, but unusually trip actually "ranks" these subjective "reports" which means properties ranked lower are deemed less worthy which is not really fair... It would be much fairer if there was multiple leagues for say "family oriented properties" and a totally seperate one for "hen/stag" and then I think everybody might be a little bit happier...but I think maybe Blackpool is special in the way hotels and guesthouses are categorised so trip wont pay any attention to us I fear...

It's a pity it couldn't have been done without the personal aspects being involved- buy hey ho!