We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cornhill Hotel

4 posts
Save Topic
Cornhill Hotel

I am thinking of going with my elderly father to the Cornhill Hotel for four days over Christmas. Does any-one have any knowledge of this hotel, and any comments regarding its rooms, cleanliness, and food? I would be most grateful for your opinions on it. razachas.

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cornhill Hotel

I would avoid it if possible.

Ghastly net curtains on all the windows and "white" paint peeling off the walls don't do much to inspire.

There are so many nice hotels on the front now at Blackpool. I have found that the best of them are either south of the south pier or north of the north pier, although in the middle there is the Lyndene which is very nice (and hard to miss as its a big blue one !)

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cornhill Hotel

Thanks for your reply. I will take your advice.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cornhill Hotel

Well sadly I finished up going to this hotel after all, and how I wish I hadn't. They do not take any credit cards so you had to pay cash up front, which is very suspicious.The only room to relax in was the bar with low uncomfortable seats, and they thrust Bingo at you twice a day. You had to pay a deposit for the room key but no one was around to refund it when you departed. The food was reasonable but nothing more. Many of the guests complained of how tiny their rooms were, and in the evening the "manageress" walked about the hotel still wearing her kitchen apron. I think it was a symbol saying "look how hard I work". I certainly would not go there again.

Fife Scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cornhill Hotel

I too had a bad experience at this hotel. I was so appalled I left the following morning. I had to pay up front. They told me their credit card machine was broken. I have since written and have a current case with Trading Standard as they did not have the decency to reply to my telephone call or letters of complaint. I will post my response from Trading Standards.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,465 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cornhill Hotel

I'm getting deja-vu. A few months ago several 'reviewers' tried to do a hatchet job on the Cornhill. It's an interesting thread and one that has to be read to the end.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186332-i314-k13…

Fife Scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cornhill Hotel

Ive just read some of the listings in the forum. I did stay at the hotel (one night only). I saw an advert in the Sunday Post and booked from there. I do NOT think that the hotel is overpriced for a 3 night stay. Unfortunately, I was not happy with the accomodation and decided to leave the following morning. I am really disappointed that after calling to speak to the owners that they did not return my calls or reply to 2 letters I wrote (one by recorded delivery). I will be more than happy to let you know the outcome from Trading Standards

Blackpool
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cornhill Hotel

Too all concerned

Im the main web designer and internet consultant for the cornh hill hotel blackpool. However i must state that i am not a direct employee, and my services are mearly freelance.

In my opinion, there are one or more parties trying to intentionaly damage the reputation of this hotel and many other blackpool hotels by using trip advisors forums and review services.

All i can do to advise people to do is take the time to consider that some of the information found here is fraudulent. I suggest that as a measure of common sence, people veiw the hotel's main website at cornhillhotelblackpool.net.

You cant trust everything you read on the internet so keep an open mind :D

Deano

CH-Alfie
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cornhill Hotel

My grandparents own this hotel, and im not going to be bias, its not the best hotel in the world, but they work so hard to run it, and for a blackpool hotel it's not bad, sure it needs some decor, but overall its a nice hotel run by a loving couple who try to lighten up their guests, so before using comments and reviews to try the cornhill, try it yourself!

scotland
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Cornhill Hotel

hi you should go to the colonial blackpool hotel its really really good and clean there me and my family went last year and the food u can pick your own we are just back from corn hill hotel blackpool we went there because we forgot the name of last years hotel colonial hotel the corn hill is dirty a broken lift so u have 2 walk up loads of stairs and i have heard the lift has been broken for 4 months the meals are poor and a very rude guy works there we paid for a sea view and we got put in a cob webbed attic with a broken kettle so my advice to you is dont go the stairs would be alot of hard work for ure father

love lauren xx

Blackpool
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cornhill Hotel

how odd....every time i go past the cornhill, its one of the few on the prom with the car park full, can see through the lounge window there are guests smiling, laughing and having a good time - not what you would expect if it was a bad as some say!