We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackpool Town

Yeovil
9 posts
Save Topic
Blackpool Town

I've read that Blackpool has been rated one of the worst towns to live in.

Everybody knows it's a holiday destination and obviously trouble that occurs at weekends is always hightened on the news, nothing is ever mentioned about the number of tourists still visiting the resort.

How do Blackpool TA members rank this new comment?

Blackpool
Level Contributor
644 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blackpool Town

The headline has been slightly twisted.

Blackpool is not the worst place to live but in fact the 11th worst.

Manchester was 19th worst....despite being an 'in' town

London has two spots in the top 10 and so does Wales. Can anyone name the two places in Wales that are in the top 10? I imagine not, which says alot about the anti Blackpool media.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
644 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blackpool Town

And another thing!!

How come the news always highlights the negative!

What about 'the best places to live'...where are they!

Looking at msn.co.uk they only have an article on the worst and not the best!

blackpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blackpool Town

Whats your point bond003? Have you sent a posting to all the Top 10 ranked above Blackpool.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blackpool Town

personally i am surprised Blackpool is not higher up the list. I would put it in the top five of the worst places to live, that is why i am desperate to leave but so far nobody has been stupid enouth to buy my place

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blackpool Town

I don't know if bond003 has posted elsewhere (certainly should have) but I thought his/her posting was reasonably positive, see end of the 2nd para.

However......there are bad AND good parts of Blackpool AND Lytham St Annes and Manchester and Glasgow and ................

Suspect the "many" people polled (5 - 50 this time?) had never lived in Blackpool and were the same people who rated Orlando higher than all those other fantastic world cities.

blackpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blackpool Town

Well don't know where you live 'tiger', but as BuddyL said there are GOOD and bad parts of Blackpool, as of anywhere else WORLDWIDE.

Yeovil
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Blackpool Town

My point is exactly that, the press are always quick to pick up the worst places and never the good and like I say, Blackpool thrives on the tourists. Who decided Blackpool is one of the worst places to live?????

Yeovil has it's moments too with violence, crime and murder.

There are good and bad wherever you live whatever town you live in and also whatever Country you live in.

The problem is the law. It is far too lapsed.

I did not post this topic to get up anyone's back, but merely to find out from the local blackpool TA's on whether they feel it was a fair statement to be published.

I love Blackpool to visit, but I could not envisage moving there.

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blackpool Town

Hi bond003; yes I thought your post was meant positively and said so. As we say, good and bad everywhere. Our worst Indian meal ever, was in Yeovil but I won't hold that against you (too much mess!).

We lived for 8 years in "posh" Oxford and we saw more fights in the centre than Glasgow, Newcastle and other "mean" cities. I can remember walking up to the theatre right in town around 7pm and my wife being terrified by the yobs already out and about. That was 15 years ago!

We see it all on tele now; even smallish provincial towns seem to be battlefields.

blackpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Blackpool Town

Right. get your point bond003, but why not ask Middlesborough TA's if they think it is a fair statement, after all they've been ranked No.1 as the worst place to live. I wonder how they feel about that. Give it a go ! I just wonder why you chose Blackpool when there are supposedley 11 more places worse than living here !

Yeovil
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blackpool Town

TA54

Don't be so touchy......

The reason being was I have just returned from a weeks holiday at Blackpool. I hasten to add with my 3 kids who are at an age where they ask lots of questions. I have read other forums on Blackpool especially over families questioning the stag and hens.

Hence my point about the topic Blackpool.

I don't think it should be ranked as one of the worst places to live........... That's my point. OK?