We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the awful cornhill hotel

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
1 post
Save Topic
the awful cornhill hotel

if you are thinking of spending time in blackpool, PLEASE please please avoid this hotel like the plague. i ignored the reviews on this b4 i took the plunge and booked this hotel and how i wish i hadn't...below are some points you should be made aware of.

ridiculously overpriced

owners not very happy or friendly

rooms are very basic, nothing at all like the pictures, believe me !

food was terrible, the portions would only please a mouse.

there is a lift but u can't fit anymore than 1 person and suitcase in.

not child friendly.

Please save your money and go elsewhere. All i can do is offer my advice but beware, this hotel nearly put me off blackpool for good, everytime i think back to the time i was there i try to blank it out my memory !! I personally think it was the owners themselves that posted the comments in their guestbook on their website because this hotel certainly did NOT make my stay at blackpool a happy one.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

How odd that you should have joined Tripadvisor just to say this about the hotel (and at 1.20 in the morning, too). You say 'when I thinka back to that time' so it was presumably some time ago that you stayed there.

If it was ridiculously overpriced you must have known that before you booked. Have you any specific examples of what's so bad about the place?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

"there is a lift but u can't fit anymore than 1 person and suitcase in."

next time leave your elephant at home.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

The Cornhill has had three very bad reviews in under a month. By contrast the Sandford Hotel, a few doors away, appears to be heaven on earth in the only review, written coincidentally three weeks ago.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

My advice is to try reviews on laterooms.com or booking.com as these are made by actual guests.

I also think you should be careful of hotels that always get 5 out 5. Come on nobody is that good

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

Totally agree, Coffee.

*Personally* whenever I look at hotel reviews, I skip all the 3s, 4s and 5s, and just look at any 1s or 2s. I remember one hotel I stayed in had about 17 2s and only about 4 4s. I still stayed there. Why? Because every single one of the 17 2s were complaining about 2 things - germans and the "basic boring food - chips, mash and sausages". Worked perfect for us with my hubby being a total TOTAL fussy eater and those 3 things you can guarantee he'll eat!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

I would like to point out my shock and general disgust at the above post. I am the website developer for the Cornhill Hotel Blackpool. And as such I feel obligated to debunk some of the slanderous remarks this user has made regarding this hotel.

(1) " rooms are very basic, nothing at all like the pictures, believe me !"

I personally took the pictures of all the rooms currently displayed on the website and I can assure any potential guest that the rooms are exactly as displayed.

(2) "food was terrible, the portions would only please a mouse."

Myself and my fiancée have stayed at this hotel many times in the last few years, despite living in Blackpool we both still live with our folks and it makes an excellent escape. On numerous occasions I have enjoyed both a good hearty breakfast and a delicious evening meal.

(3)"I personally think it was the owners themselves that posted the comments in their guest book on their website"

This is the icing on the cake for me! If you had spent any time in the hotel at all, it would be hard to miss the large collection of thank you cards that have been sent to them by guests over the years. And THIS is where the guest comments have come from. They have also been written word for word to further enforce there sincerity.

It is true what they say “you cant please everyone” but this person has clearly never set foot in the Cornhill Hotel. If you still have doubts about this magnificent hotel, then come down and see for yourself.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

Just had a look at the website for the Cornhill and from what is shown , it does look nice.

One thing I cannot find is how much is costs.

The problem with Blackpool is so many hoteliers will stab other hoteliers in the back so tis hard to trust what you read on TA.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

Just to point out, none of the comments were slanderous, as nobody suggested or implied that the owners were breaking the law.

Unfounded, fine, but not slanderous....

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

You do not have to accuse someone of breaking the law for something to be slanderous. Simply saying something without foundation is slanderous if it damages the reputation or interests of someone. My only dispute with the word slander here is that it should really be 'libellous', as the accusations are made in writing.

Having looked at the recent 'reviews' for this hotel, all written in a strangely similar style, there can be little doubt that the Cornhill's reputation and interests have been damaged.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: the awful cornhill hotel

Thank you Wansteader

I apologise for my error, however my point remains valid. This person is clearly trying to tarnish the reputation of the Cornhill Hotel. Possibly to promote his own hotel, however this is purely speculaiton on my part ;)