We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

N Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

Hi, was thinking of booking the Norbreck Castle for one night in July. I know some of the reports are bad, but I've stayed in Britannia Group Hotels before and they all seem to be fairly standard.

My question is does anyone know how far out of the centre of Blackpool the hotel is? One of the postings said it was five miles from the Tower but I'm not sure that could be correct?

I used to stay in Blackpool for my holidays years ago, so i have a vague idea of the town, and remember the golden mile, the tower etc.

Thanks

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

as the crow flies, The Tower to Norbreck Castle is 3 miles.

Along the front it'll be fairly similar, but probs closer to 3.5-4 miles.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
644 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

I don't understand the attraction of the Norbreck.

Plenty of hotels in Blackpool yet you choose one of the worst for cleanliness and service. People have been ill after eating there so

what does that say about the state of the kitchens?

The good news with the Norbreck is they will give you your money back after you see your room.

If you want that end of town try the Brioni Hotel, half the price , they speak English and it won't make you ill.

Dunfermline, Fife
Level Contributor
578 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

Hi Fifi if you are thinking of one of the Britannia hotels I would recommend the Savoy instead of the Norbreck. It's a lot closer to the town centre and from personal experience it's a lovely hotel.

I was very wary after reading a lot of bad reviews. However, I honestly couldn't fault my time there at all.

Anyways folks, I am signing off for a little while. Moving house tomorrow and not going to have my broadband for the next 10 days. Off on holiday too. Believe it or not I'm off to Scarborough for a little change. Needless to say though we'll be stopping for a couple of days at Blackpool on the way home. I only hope Summer arrives before then !!!

N Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
455 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

Have to agree.Avoid the Norbreck at all costs.

Have lived in Blackpool all my life 40+ years and it has never had a good reputation.

If you prefer the larger type hotel the Hilton has good offers on at the moment and is nearer town

wirral
Level Contributor
54 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

just got back, thought it was fine, rooms clean, staff friendly, pool big & clean, bout 20min walk to attractions, 1.50 on tram at stop outside hotel. Good shops, great nighlife, merrie england is class

redhill
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

it is around 4-5 miles its quite a way out of town!!

Blackpool...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

Having been in the Norbreck (not stayed there) I think it was a reasonably decent hotel. Not quite on the level of The Imperial or De Veres Herons Reach but decent. I can name worse places, believe me some of the stories I have heard. I won't name any names or I will have a lynch mob and most probably lawyers tracking me down, but believe me I know people who have worked in medium/larger Blackpool hotels (2 and 3* ones) which are seen as 'reputable' and believe they ain't. All I will say is that the two I have heard nothing but bad things about are northerly ones.

Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

Hi Fifi,

As a resident of Blackpool I can tell you the Norbreck is a vast 450+ bedroom hotel between Bispham and Cleveleys; some 3 and a half miles from Blackpool town centre. During recent renovation work to my home I was forced to stay in hotel accommodation, so I took the opportunity to sample some of Blackpool's hotels. I stayed 4 nights at the Norbreck; it was the most expensive and, due to the size of the place, was very impersonal. Meal times are self service and remind me of feeding times at the zoo. They usually accomodate 4 night midweeks and or 2/3 night weekends, like most Blackpool hotels, unless they have vacancies on the day. But be prepared to either take a tram into town, they do stop running at approx. midnight, the alternative is a cab, but this will be very expensive due to the location.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Horwich, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Norbreck Castle Hotel ??????

With Blackpool I never quite saw the appeal in these giant faceless hotels that just see you as a punter.

I'd much rather stay in one of Blackpool's fantastic guest houses, where you feel like you're welcome and that you get personal attention for much better value!

If offered a room in the Seacroft Guest House or one in The Big Blue Hotel or Hotel Lyndene or somewhere, I'd take the Seacroft any day.