We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring the Lancashire Coastline in a camper van

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Touring the Lancashire Coastline in a camper van

I have posted this already on the Lancashire forum but have had no response. It does not seem to be a very busy forum, so I wondered if any posters on this forum could help, as I am eager to get travelling.

My friend has taken himself and his wife off to Canada for three months and has kindly lent me his camper van for the duration. I wondered if anyone could suggest any good sites that I could stay at along the Lancashire coastline. I would like to visit some of my childhood haunts such as Southport, Blackpool, Morecambe, Fleetwood etc. I think I may see some changes as I have not been along this coastline for some considerable time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

London
Level Contributor
513 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring the Lancashire Coastline in a camper van

You might have more luck here:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forums.html

They have a campsite review page, but you have to register to see it

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring the Lancashire Coastline in a camper van

Take a look at www.visitlancashire.com if you have a search through it lists all the parks in the area.

My friends rave about Windy Harbour, believe there are a lot of entertainment facilities. It is in a really good position, around the back of Blackpool and easy for access to Fleetwood aswell as Blackpool.

You could also go a little in land to Garstang, Chipping and Longridge.

Some great pubs for lunch - not far from The Ship at Elswick and if you get the chance look for the Running Pump at Catforth (fantastic).

Ribby Hall is not too far away but I'm not sure if you can take your own van there or whether it is just chalets now. But a trip to Wrea Green is nice - there is a beautiful cricket pitch in the middle of the village and one of those Chef and Brewer pubs.

Well all a bit random there but just a few ideas. If you narrow down your choice of park please come back and we can give you some more ideas of places to visit.

Ooooh if you are going to over Southport way would seriously suggest a trip up to Crosby to see the Iron Men - superb.

Hope that helps!

Lanska

England
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring the Lancashire Coastline in a camper van

Thank you Lanska for suggesting Windy Harbour I have been here since Saturday and it is a very nice site. I went to see the iron men sculptures at Crosby - truly amazing.

I'm quite sad that Southport and Blackpool both look so jaded. Blackpool in particular has lost it's family appeal. I'm having an early start in the morning I am going to the Lake District but will have a look at Morecambe on the way.

Thanks a million for your time and trouble.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Touring the Lancashire Coastline in a camper van

Hi Happy

You are more than welcome - so pleased you have had a good trip and thanks for taking the time to come back.

Lanska

5. Re: Touring the Lancashire Coastline in a camper van

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 03, 2009