We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really good Italian restaurant!

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Really good Italian restaurant!

Hi all,

Was on business earlier this week and dined at an Italian restaurant on Clifton Road. The food was excellent. As fresh as anything, beautifully presented and the service was welcoming and friendly.

Four of us all had starters and mains, a load of wine plus beers and the bill was £117!

I was talking to the owner who explained that he has worked there for many years, but has only recently become the joint owner with his nephew who is the chef.

He plans to introduce some changes to the decor and the menus, so watch this space!

From this week it will be renamed Roccos'.

We really enjoyed it.

Emelda

England
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really good Italian restaurant!

Hi, Emelda.

Was it 'Il Corsaro' or the other one on Clifton Street?

Blackpool
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Really good Italian restaurant!

The new owner is called Vincenzo and he is running it with his wife. I think that he worked at Mamas before, not this restaurant.

They seem a lovely couple and I am sure they will do well.

Also it is Clifton Street not Clifton Road, which sounds petty but they are about 4 miles apart!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Really good Italian restaurant!

...love going to mamma 's but might try this one if thats the case!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really good Italian restaurant!

Oh crikey - really sorry for inaccuracies.

I did say there was wine involved!

Street/Road off main promenade. Yates on corner - ooops more wine! Opposite Chinese restaurant.

Emelda

England
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Really good Italian restaurant!

There's two Italian restaurants on Clifton Street - Il Corsaro and the other one - I've been in both - I liked Il Corsaro, didn't rate the other. I'm curious as to which one you visited.

Il Corsaro's site is:

http://www.blackpoolrestaurant.com/

I really enjoyed the meal I had there with the kids and the 'early bird' special was very good value.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really good Italian restaurant!

That's it - Il Corsaro!!

Emelda

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really good Italian restaurant!

We went to Il Corsaro for New Year's Eve and thought it was excellent. There were "best of luck" cards on the bar counter, so it did look as if it had just changed hands. I'd recommend it.

8. Re: Really good Italian restaurant!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 21, 2009