We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

Which Windermere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

My wife and I will be traveling through Windermere for two days in September and wanted to know which of these two properties would you choose and why. We will only have a two days.

Thank you.

Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

Hi I can't give you any advice on the accommodation but for location I would say Windermere Suites. Cedar Manor is at the very top of Windermere, from here a mile and a half walk to the lake and shops/restaurants of Bowness. Windermere Suites is 10 minutes closer, whilst still in a good location for Windermere it's better for the lake.

However there are good links to both by bus.

Windermere
Level Contributor
119 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

Cedar Manor if you want excellent food. I don't think Windermere Suites do evening meals. The interiors are both a high standard and recently done.

There is actually a lovely cut through to the lake from Cedar Manor on a public footpath down to Adelaide Hill viewpoint. You'll see it on a map. It is actually a quicker route down to the lake but you would come out a bit further away from Bowness area. The path starts at Cedar Manor. They are probablly the same distance from the train station to catch a bus for a ride out.

The owners of both hotels are very friendly and helpful.

England
Level Contributor
206 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

I cannot comment on Windermere Suites but we had a wonderful stay at Cedar Manor 3 years ago. The owners are very helpful anf friendly and as said above the food is excellent. The short walk to lake is very pleasant and we did a short evening walk to Orrest Head. The room we had was lovely. In fact I would not hesitate to return if we were to visit Windermere again.

Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

Thank you all for your comments. We look forward to welcoming CADiver2004 if you choose us!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

Not stayed at cedar manor but have stayed at Windermere suites several times. The rooms and beds at the suites are really comfortable, the bathrooms are out of this world, tv over the giant bath enormous walk in shower, mood lighting, etc. breakfast served in the room is delicious, and hot when it arrives discreetly at a time to suit you. There are so many places to eat within walking distance, staff are good at recommending the best places. Perfect place for a romantic break.

Manchester
Level Contributor
345 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

Hi -

We have stayed at both and although | would say that the Windermere Suites has the better location of the two as its an easy walk to both Bowness and Winderemere I preferred Cedar Manor. We had a spa room there which was lovely and the evening meal was faultless.

Both are nice hotels but I just preferred the Cedar Manor, it was very friendly and homely but still stylish and romantic.

Have a great stay.

7. Re: Windermere Suites or Cedar Manor Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 30, 2013