We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rings lost! what is local paper?

Which Windermere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kirkham
Level Contributor
274 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Rings lost! what is local paper?

Can you help me, my parents celebrated their golden wedding anniversary at keswick on the 31st March staying in a hotel, when they returned on the sunday she had lost her engagement ring and wedding ring she had put them into a ring pouch in her handbag and thinks she has pulled them out with her purse!

They visited windermere and keswick, we are thinking of putting a advert in the paper which paper would cover these areas?

We have checked with the hotel and cafes they went in and have informed the police.

Cannot believe she lost them on her 50th anniversary :(

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rings lost! what is local paper?

I hope that you get them back

I have see your other thread for your search in Keswick

Just a suggestion, how about ringing up the local radio stations and asking them to help?

I am sure that they would be happy to mention this on air for you

BBC Radio Cumbria is one but I reckon there will be others , and some local Cumbrians might be able tell us which other radio stations might be able to help.

This would be a good piece for radio especiallyj as they were lost on your parents 50th Anniversary and I would expect all who hear this story would be keen to help get them back to your Mum

I hope that this helps

Good Luck

Edited: 1:15 pm, April 03, 2012
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rings lost! what is local paper?

If they have a rough idea where they lost the rings, the Federation of Independent Detectorists (FID), may be able to help, they have a free recovery service. If they can't help, I'm sure they can put you on to a local metal detecting club.

http://fid.newbury.net/html/lost.htm

Otley, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
540 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rings lost! what is local paper?

How about a local BBC radio station aswell?

kirkham
Level Contributor
274 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rings lost! what is local paper?

No idea were the rings were lost that would help a lot! So could not use detectors but such a good idea thanks.

Going to ring the radio now

thanks everyone

Windermere
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rings lost! what is local paper?

Hi

Try Lakeland Radio as well. Also try putting an advert in the Westmorland Gazette. Good Luck

kirkham
Level Contributor
274 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rings lost! what is local paper?

Thanks for all your help i have phone the keswick reminder and also westmorland gazette and cumbria radio.

Lets hope someone has found them

7. Re: Rings lost! what is local paper?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 19, 2013