We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting the Lakes with a 4 mt old- advice needed

England
Level Contributor
355 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting the Lakes with a 4 mt old- advice needed

Me and hubby arent going on a proper holiday this year as just had a baby so have booked to stay in the Waterhead hotel in Ambleside for a few nights in Sept. Everything we will do needs to be mindful of having a little un with us so does anyone have any advice of where to go (including for dinner)- it doesnt have to be geared towards children (she just likes to people watch at this stage) just needs to be easily accessible i suppose

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Waterhead Hotel
Waterhead Hotel
1,838 Reviews
Ambleside, UK
Ambleside
Ambleside
Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting the Lakes with a 4 mt old- advice needed

Hi

we have some great places in the Lakes. You would find Zefferellis in Ambleside to be very child friendly. It is relaxed and unstuffy. The food is fantastic and reasonably priced.

Mentioned in this post
Ambleside
Ambleside
Lake District, UK
Lake District
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting the Lakes with a 4 mt old- advice needed

There's a nice walk around Tarn Hows near Coniston that you can do with a pram if you want to get out and see some scenery. It's a little undulating, but not too bad and has a very good man-made path around it.

See also the LDNP website 'miles without stiles' section for other suggestions lake-district.gov.uk/index/visiting/outdoors…

David

www.purelakeland.co.uk

Mentioned in this post
Tarn Hows
Tarn Hows
1,078 Reviews
Coniston, UK
Coniston
Coniston
Lake District, UK
London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting the Lakes with a 4 mt old- advice needed

Not going on a proper holiday? The Lake District is one of my all time favourite destinations for a proper holiday!

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Lake District
Lake District
Cumbria, UK
4. Re: Visiting the Lakes with a 4 mt old- advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 16, 2010