We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

Which Windermere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
7 posts
Save Topic
Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

Going to Lakes for 2 nights with my husband next weekend ( I know I should have booked ages ago!!)

We've never been so ive been searching all the different websites and they are making me go mad! So I'm looking for some advice and help.

Firstly, need somewhere romantic to stay but on a budget (£120 for 2 nights).

Also, can you recommend places to visit, nice walks and waterfalls, that kind of thing

London
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

oh no....i have to start again!!! :-(

maybe im being too fussy..but is a nice room with nice decor and view a lot to ask for £60 per night (2 adults)?

Im gettin tired of searching. Thank you for all your help guys but if someone can suggest any specific hotels/b&b, that would really help.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

Look at the "Go Lakes" website for last minute availability -you could check out the places listed by looking at the reviews section on Trip Advisor.

Windermere, Bowness and Ambleside are busy but you don't need to travel far to escape the crowds. These are some of my favourite places in the Lakes: Grasmere, Cartmel, Hawkshead and Eskdale -all picturesque areas. Kendal is an alternative base if you are struggling to find accommodation in the Lake District. Good Luck in your search.

UK
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

Tracey,

Try Howfoot Lodge in Grasmere, really nice place and i think within your budget. We stay here when we're lucky enough to get a weekend away. I've recommended if before so you could maybe look at my earlier posts.

There's nice walks from Grasmere. One up to Easedale Tarn where you pass a waterfall called Sour Milk Gill (i think) and also one around Grasmere Lake.

Nice restaraunt in the village is called Jumble Rooms.

Hope this helps

London
7 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

oh no Howfoot is all booked up..im really gutted, it looks really nice.

More recommendation please..(bet you guy getting sick of me now!!!)

Thanks soo much

Haydock, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

Try the website below

www.iknow-lakedistrict.co.uk

Newcastle
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

Unfortunately nice decor can be notoriously difficult to find in the Lakes.

I stayed at a lovely b&b called in the Gables in Ambleside last year.

This would be in your price range.

17. Re: Lakes for 2nights - Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 03, 2009