We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pubs & restaurants in newby bridge

Which Windermere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
pubs & restaurants in newby bridge

hi, i'm going to the lakeside hotel this saturday and wanted to know if there are any nice pubs & restaurants in newby bridge or do i need to get a taxi into windermere. i know there is a restaurant at the hotel but dont particularly want to eat there. thanks

Windermere
Level Contributor
119 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pubs & restaurants in newby bridge

If you want plenty of choice then a taxi to Bowness would be the solution - it's probably 15/20 mins each way.

Alternatively, there is a lovely pub which serves good food called the Masons Arms. It's a slightly shorter journey to a hamlet away from the Lake called Strawberry Bank. We've always had to book for a Saturday night. There are log fires and during the lighter evenings the heated outside seating area is popular. Hot-air balloons can often be spotted trying to land in the valley below!

Nearby there is also another similar pub with good food called The Fox and Hound in Bowland Bridge.

The weather forecast is looking good for this week-end so have a good one!

leeds
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pubs & restaurants in newby bridge

thanks for your reply, we might get a taxi to bowness if we cant get into the other pub. thanks though shelly

3. Re: pubs & restaurants in newby bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 20, 2009