We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick your brains

Which Keswick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pick your brains

Help, let me pick your brains !!

Ill be lone female travelling & want to stay at Keswick.

Im looking for a accomodation with great views particularly of the lake.. easy you think.. oh no its not !

Has to have single rooms (the supplement would be painful !), something a bit atmospheric, and not the sort of place with "10 courses on saucers" .

Safety and comfort is paramount due to the lone travelling thing.

Please does anyone have any ideas ??

English Lake...
Level Contributor
137 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick your brains

You won`t find a hotel in Keswick that has great views over Derwentwater simply because there isn`t one !. The lake is well away from the town and hotels , you may find a B & B however that will of course also be much better value for money:

lake-district-keswick.co.uk/accommodation/be…

If you really want lake views why not stay in Bassenthwaite /Thornthwaite/Portinscale area to give you views of Bass. Lake and good access to Keswick and surrounding area , thats if you are driving of course ?. Which you didn`t specify ?. If you are relying on public transport things get difficult , stay in a B & B in keswick. I don`t think you`ll find safety a problem as long as you stay off the streets late at night especially on a weekend to avoid the drunken tourists !. Keswick is a safe area and I`m sure you`ll find a nice B & B down lake road or somewhere that will do you nicely !.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick your brains

Hi

Thanks for that, Ill look into what youve said, and I will be driving so getting around will be fine.

Thanks !!

Chester, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick your brains

Hi Loopy,

Check out - www.highfieldkeswick.co.uk

Great views, overlooking hope park and the lake. Only 5 min walk to the town centre, or the Theatre. A couple of single rooms I believe, fantastic food and lots of it. We'll be there for the second time next w/end (can't wait)

Good luck.

newcastle
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick your brains

i would also recommend the highfield hotel am almost certain he has singles

the food is fab and howard and caroline the owners are lovely!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: Pick your brains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 16, 2009