We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

Which Keswick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

Hi

Will be going to Keswick for business but would like a break from the meetings to have a really nice lunchtime meal(which we will pay for)

would like something not too chip orientated but quick and tasty

Any suggestions?

Centre of Keswick or 10 min walk?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

Booths in Keswick has a restaurant which does reasonable food at a reasonable price. A little better than the BHS type stuff you can get. The resto itself is quite pleasant too.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
574 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

I usually use Bar 26 or Pumpkin ( used to be Good Taste) for lunch.

There is also the George or Star of Siam (Thai) and "Treeby & Bolton" for a proper sit down meal.

Main issue is probably guaranteeing a table - you dont say how many of you there are .

The Italian restaurant Lucas has started opening at lunchtime but havent seen a menu or prices (they are expensive in the evenings).

The Keswick Convention is on for the next 2.5 weeks so there are peaks of shopping and eating which can cause problems.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

THANKS ALL

Just 2 of us

Have been to bar 26 before and was disappointed when the potted shrimps came with one minuscule piece of bread and they were amazed when we asked for more! Maybe a learning curve for them!Do you know if their tapas menu is available Thurs lunch?

Is the Thai open at lunch?

Thanks again for your help particularly the heads up about it being Keswick convention.

Any thoughts about a good pub or restaurant on the way to Keswick if it may be full!

We are coming from Yorkshire

Lake District...
Level Contributor
574 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

Bar 26 - Tapas & Pizzas only in the evening and I think not every night.

I rate the rib -eyed steak frites and quiche highly here.

All other suggestions are open at lunchtime.

I had no problem getting a table at Bar 26 yesterday so I dont think you should have problems elsewhere.

The Pheasant Inn on Crossthwaite road ( the road from the A66 roundabout to Carlisle) does a lunch menu but it has changed hands in the last few months so cant comment.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

Thanks

Noticed Pumpkin got some poor reviews and good reviews when called good taste so has it changed hands?

Is the George ok?

Lake District...
Level Contributor
574 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

Good Taste was sold by its owner recently so he could concentrate on his outside catering business and his TV series.

The new owner appears to work full time in the cafe/deli and the organisation & efficiency has improved significantly.

Same style of food and menu.

Still my favourite for eating in or take out.

There is a general problem with restaurant and cafe reviews in that the owners/chefs/managers do seem to change quite frequently and reviews pre -change may be completely irrelevant.

Would be nice to indicate dated of significant changes in ownership

Edited: 3:57 am, August 17, 2011
7. Re: Nice place to eat in Keswick at lunch time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 10, 2012