We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far?

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
How far?

We'll be staying at Underscar timeshare apartments at the beginning of July for 1 week. Can anyone tell me how far it is from there to Keswick? I believe the apartments are close to Applethwaite. Would this be walkable?

Thanks.

Barnard Castle...
Level Contributor
243 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far?

It's a mile or so, with a slope, height difference from there to the lakeside is 100m. Maybe phone the place and ask what they think?

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far?

It's the best part of 2 miles. So that's perfectly walkable, and would probably take somewhere round about half an hour, but bear in mind that the walk will not necessarily be along nice easy footpaths and pavements. It should be OK during the daytime, but if you were thinking about walking back to Underscar after a meal out in Keswick in the evening, then you might want to get a taxi.

Davies Taxis in Keswick are very reliable.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Did you mean 1 mile to Applethwaite? Do you know the rough distance from Keswick?

I have contacted Underscar and am waiting for them to get back to me.

Edited: 10:36 am, May 23, 2011
Scotland
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far?

Oh, thanks NM, our replies must have been posted at the same time!

Underscar have just been in touch and I am surprised and delighted that Keswick is so close. Often when you read info about a place they say they are 'close' to somewhere when in reality they are a good way off.

I'll start reading up on places to visit as well as pubs/restaurants now it's getting close to going.

5. Re: How far?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Keswick