We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

london
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

Hi,

I've been to the lake district a years ago. Now I've got a 2 year old and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a nice place to stay that is baby friendly. We will go for 3 nights in mid Aug.

Also any suggestions on short/simple walks/trails would be great appreciated too.

Thanks.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

I can't recommend anywhere to stay I'm afraid as I have always self catered. But I could recommend you do the walk up Cat Bells. You can either go on the launch across Derwentwater or drive round to the other side of the lake, then walk up Cat Bells. It will take a couple of hours and you will get superb views from the top - a real snapshot of the lakes.

newcastle
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

try the dollywaggon

i have stayed there with my niece before

or the keswick park hotel

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
190 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

A walk round Tarn Howes would be nice - quite flat with the two year old. I think Cat Bells might be a bit much for a 2 year old!

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

Try using this Map, it shows you where the hotels are situated: www.hotels.co.uk/searchView.do…

use the drop down menu above and it will show you (Family Friendly) hotels. this should help (i hope)

you could also contact a specific hotel you like directly and ask them if they have what you need, you might be surprised that they do offer what ur looking for :)

U.K.-Yorkshire
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

Try the Silverdale hotel on Blencathra street, Keswick. Mark & Mandy have a little girl of around 2 themselves, so i would expect them to be child friendly. Good level walk up what was once the railway line from penrith into keswick, or take launch to bottom of Derwentwater and walk through Grange and down the Borrowdale valley, returning by launch again. I think a 2 year old would love this.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

I was thinking perhaps the 2 year old was in a back carrier!

scotland
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

There is also a playpark just beside the public swimming pool for passing some time for little one

8. Re: Child friendly hotels/b&bs??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 07, 2009