We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self catering

Which Grasmere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leicester
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Self catering

Having read comments re lakelovers.co.uk can anyone recomend good agency, or good self catering, in Grasmere for a retired couple.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self catering

We've booked self catering through both Wheelwrights and Cumbrian Cottages, and always been perfectly happy with them. No doubt there are others.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self catering

Hi,

You may want to view these websites-:

www.lakelandcottages.co.uk

www.StayLakeland.co.uk

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Self catering

I've used www.cottages4you.co.uk and I'm happy to recommend them.

4. Re: Self catering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:35 am, May 02, 2015
Kenilworth
Level Contributor
376 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self catering

I'd highly recommend the two YHA youth hostels in Grasmere - details on www.yha.org.uk

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Self catering

I would like to comment on the post about Lakelovers and Heart of the Lakes being one of the same company, this is certainly not the case, they are both run independantly and have nothing to do with each other. Heart of the Lakes is based in Ambleside and does have a higher quality portfolio of properties. My family have stayed with Lakelovers but found customer care lacking when something happened at the cottage they had booked, the response from the out of hours emergency number was dreadful. They now use Heart of the Lakes - who must being doing something right, because they use them 3 times a year - so that says something. www.heartofthelakes.co.uk

7. Re: Self catering

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:35 am, May 02, 2015
8. Re: Self catering

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Grasmere