We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need a restaurant in Cockermouth that opens for lunch!

Which Cockermouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, United...
1 post
Save Topic
I need a restaurant in Cockermouth that opens for lunch!

I am looking for a nice restaurant in or around Cockermouth that is open at lunchtime. Something a bit special, as we will be getting married at noon (in June), and want to celebrate our wedding with the 2 witnesses (no other guests). Needs to have both vegetarian and gluten free options on the menu.

4 replies to this topic
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need a restaurant in Cockermouth that opens for lunch!

I recommend Armathwaite Hall, a few mile inland. It overlooks Bassenthwaite Lake and is a stunning building and setting.

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need a restaurant in Cockermouth that opens for lunch!

The Trout Hotel in the centre of Cockermouth is good. They cater for weddings and special occasions. Have a look at them on the website. It is located right next to the river and has a garden that runs down to the river bank.

Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need a restaurant in Cockermouth that opens for lunch!

For Cockermouth itself I'd say the Trout is your best bet. Armathwaite is lovely but is ~15 minutes outside of Cockermouth-are you staying there? There's also the Castle Inn next to Armathwaite, the Inn in the woods at Whinlatter and getting towards Keswick there are plenty more options.

Woking, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: I need a restaurant in Cockermouth that opens for lunch!

I was "Blushingbride2014" and I just wanted to say a huge thank you for your recommendation of Armathwaite Hall for our wedding lunch. It was just perfect for our needs. A lovely Hotel with a stunning setting overlooking the lake which was perfect for some photos after the lunch. The meal was great, even with our dietary requirements! And the bill including wine was extremely reasonable. I would not have known about this place without your suggestion, so thank you for helping make our wedding day such a lovely day to remember.

Reply to: I need a restaurant in Cockermouth that opens for lunch!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cockermouth
More Cockermouth Topics