We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traditional inn with pool / hot tub outskirts Windermere

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
traditional inn with pool / hot tub outskirts Windermere

Hi

This may be too much to ask but I'm looking for a hotel that is an old traditional coaching inn or nice pub/restaurant with rooms within 10 miles of Windermere (as we're coming by train) preferably with a pool or hot tubs. Something located a little out in the wilds, not in the centre of Windermere or Bowness, good for walking, good quality pub food, within walking distance of a village with pubs, little shops. From my search I can find either large lakeside or country house hotels with pool, spa etc but a bit too touristy and expensive or small pubs with rooms good for walking but few leisure facilities. I'm trying to find a mix of both!

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Anna

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traditional inn with pool / hot tub outskirts Windermere

View Gilpin Lodge Hotel.

www.gilpinlodge.co.uk

The Travellers Rest Inn.Its a old coaching Inn on the outskirts of Grasmere.

http;//www.lakedistrictinns.co.uk/travellers

The Angel Inn.Its located 5 mins from Lake Windermere.

Inside the inn,its more chic style.

www.theangelinnbowness.com

Queen"s Head Inn.

This is a 18th Century English Country Inn,has history/Wordsworth the poet.

www.queensheadinn.co.uk

The sun Inn in Kirby Lonsdale.

This is a 17th Century Inn,oak floors,log fire and window seats.

www.sun-inn.info

The Horse and Farrier Inn.

This is located at the foot of Blencathra.It was built over 300yrs ago.

www.horseandfarrier.com

Queens Head Hotel.

The hotel has low beamed ceilings,wood panelled walls and original slate floors.

www.queensheadhotel.co.uk

Most of the inn"s i have showed you above are away from Windermere but may help in your searching.

2. Re: traditional inn with pool / hot tub outskirts Windermere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 09, 2014