We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel in the Lake District

Herts
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel in the Lake District

Hi All

I'm planning a night away for me and my wife-to-be and was after recommendations for the best hotel in the Lake District.

When I mean best I'm just after the following really...

Views of the lakes form the Hotel

Luxurious rooms (spa, views, decor, etc etc)

Swimming pool & spa/sauna

Excellent grounds and access to waterfront.

Good food.

This needs to be as romantic as possible and I could do with all the help I can get with regards to the location.

Many thanks in advance.

Greg

Herts
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Hotel in the Lake District

Thanks for all your help guys.

Our stay was perfect. I was very impressed with the hotel. For the cost I was expecting to find something that I thought would leave me feeling a bit ripped off but it was all perfect. The room was superb - views were out of this world. Meal was a 6-course feast and very tasty unusual dishes.

Went for a wander around Basenthwaite and luckily had a lovely sunny day.

All your advice was much appreciated.

12. Re: Best Hotel in the Lake District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 15, 2009