We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Boar Windermere - Christmas 2012

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wild Boar Windermere - Christmas 2012

Hi there, we've been looking for somewhere to go over Christmas this year and came across the Wild Boar. It seems excellent and gets good reviews. Do you think this would be a good choice or has anyone been there over the Christmas period?

Many thanks.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild Boar Windermere - Christmas 2012

If it has good reviews,can i suggest you private e-mail the people whom have been there and posted reviews.They might also give you further information and photo"s.

Enjoy your Christmas break.

manchester
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild Boar Windermere - Christmas 2012

Hi, Wild Boar is a beautiful inn. Rooms really nice. Not been at Christmas but in December. Near enough for Windermere and the food is excellent.

I think early booking would be recommended as this is a very popular hotel.

Catfield Norfolk
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wild Boar Windermere - Christmas 2012

We have been to the Wild Boar for 5 Christmasses (missed last year, because I was in hospital, but spent a week there in March). We've booked in again for this Christmas and New Year, with a few days either side too.! I can't recommend the Wild Boar too highly. It is my favourite place to be.The staff are brilliant, and the food out of this world (not a good place for dieters). The entertainment is great, with quizzes and wine and whisky tasting, and even clay pigeon shooting now, (but nohing ist compulsory) Just join in with whatever you want to do. Father Christmas visits, and leaves lovely prezzies, and everyone joins in together. It's a great way to meet old friends, and new ones too. By the way, apart from visiting I have no connection with the Wild Boar, but if I won the EuroMillions, we'd move in permanantly

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wild Boar Windermere - Christmas 2012

Its always nice to hear good reviews.Did you use sister hotel leisure club?

Merseyside
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wild Boar Windermere - Christmas 2012

Myself, my wife, the inlaws and our dog have stayed in a cottage in the lakes over Christmas for the past 10 years.

The Wild Boar is a must visit!

The staff and the people who stay over Christmas are so friendly (many of the Xmas guests are repeat customers), the food is great, the setting lovely and the pub is verry cosy.

The team there try to keep activities going to keep guests (and us visitors) entertained and satisfied during their stay.

We have not seen the rooms but as mentioned earlier, there are many repeat customers.

All in all, we love this pub over Christmas.

6. Re: Wild Boar Windermere - Christmas 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 15, 2013