We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Break

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Break

Morning everyone,

I was just after some advice, I'm planning on taking the other half on a surprise couple of days away in the lake district.

It is our first anniversary so want it to be special, could anyone please recommend a very nice hotel within the Lake District please. Anywhere in the lake district really as we are from Newcastle so don't mind the travel.

Thanks in advance

David

Lancashire
Level Contributor
666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Break

I was in the same boat as you and found the White House just suited us nicely without breaking the bank

he rooms are nicely finished though small its worth paying the extra for the bigger ones

The food is outstanding so worth a look the DB&B option

Location is good and theres a car park just round for corner for which they give you a pass which you can use at other car parks in the lakes

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Break

The Pheasant Inn, Bassenthwaite Lake. Cozy bar and lounge, log fires, little bit of luxury, wonderful food, walks outside the door.

3. Re: Romantic Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, October 05, 2009