We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
53 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

If you had to choose one favorite spot in the Lake District, what would it be and why? :-)

Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

Buttermere. Breathtaking.

england
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

I like the 'magic mountain' at Whinlatter :P

You stop the car and it rolls uphill...

Sorry, it had to be said!

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

Only one place for me, the top of Gowbarrow Fell. This fell has some of the best views across the fells and Ullswater. It's not a high fell but the position of it makes the views something else. It's one of those little secrets that us locals know about....shhhhhh!

Take a look at my video (bit grainy sorry) on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asdrxo_PaUI

Iain

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

Hi Iain,

The wind sounds like a bomb! I love high places in the UK because of the wind. That looks like a fun day out -- Ramblers? But (sorry 'bout this), grainy is the least worry: I wish I'd had my Dramamine! LOL!

(Blair Winter Hiking Project :P)

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

No just a big group of friends out for the day.

The wind was probably me being out of breath!

Seriously, the snow had just fallen the night before in northern UK and we were amongst the first up the fell. It was great, silent on the way up but as we got to the top, it started snowing along with that strong wind.

And like all our days out in the fells, we always finish at the pub!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
30 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

Wasdale. Home of the "Lakeland Giants", the highest mountains in England. Good local beer at the Wasdale Head Inn. An unforgettable experience.

You also get to see Hardknott and Wrynose passes which another source recommends. Be careful on the roads through the passes.

Mike Wright

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

For me it would have to be Tarn Hows and the best bit is walking there from Hawkshead in a round trip.

aaaaah......... wish I was there now!

18. Re: What's your favorite spot in the Lake District?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 21, 2009