We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

Which Kingston-upon-Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

Hi guys,

We’re going across to Amsterdam next weekend on a P&O Mini Cruise; we’re planning on boarding at the earliest opportunity which I believe is 15:00 but wanted to stop off somewhere for lunch prior to boarding

We’ll be coming up the A63 from Selby/Howden area; could someone recommend a decent pub/restaurant on route which doesn’t take us far off the A63?

Many Thanks

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

You will not board at 15:00, If your sailing on the Rotterdam Route it dose not sail until 21:00. Last boarding is around 19:30.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

Re food. Heard good reports about the new pub Red Sails. Take the second junction off the A63 after going under the Humber Bridge. Turn left from the slip road down to the roundabout, Go right round and head back to the A63 the Red Sails is on the left just before you rejoin the A63. From there it is only a 5 mile drive to the port.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

There is a groupon deal on at BAIT on princes avenue, which is excellent, but it will be a big lunch. Red sails, mentioned above is fine, but not exceptional. BISTRO 13 on the marina is closer than bait to the A63, and in a much nicer area for a stroll afterwards than red sails

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

Hi; thanks for the recommendations

I notice that the Red Sails is a Marston's pub; we have one near us and I don't think it's very good for food

I'll have a look at Bait and Bistro 13; thanks

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

As said, I don't think you'll be boarding at 15:00. I've used the route plenty of times, and from what I remember, although check-in opens at 15:00, boarding doesn't actually commence until at least an hour after that.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

The we'll check-in at 15:00 and await to board at the earliest opportunity

Might look at trying a pub in one of villages on the way

Thanks

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

The Green Dragon in Welton (just off the A63 before Hull) is a nice village pub with good food. The village is also good for a walk around the pond and into the countryside if you would like a longer walk.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

I've just looked at the Green Dragon and its another Marston's pub

Any non-chain pub recommendations would be great...think we might have to stop somewhere closer to home where we know where's good to go

Thanks anyway

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

Minerva, (on the riverfront also,) is good for both food and beer, and is quite traditional. It has the smallest room in any british pub (seats 3 at a push) Garbo's in old town is also fine and good value

Brough, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended pub/restaurant within close proximity to A63

Just out of interest... Why did you plan to board early? Did you find somewhere nice to eat?

Get answers to your questions about Kingston-upon-Hull