We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

Grantown-on-Spey...
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

Hi all, would like your guidance on what the club cabin's are like on P&O ferry from Hull to Rotterdam. Is there a kettle tea/coffee provided?

We want to spend the whole journey in the cabin with the kids and intend to bring a picnic dinner. We want to know just how much is provided for the extra dosh we paid.

(i've asked this on the Rotterdam forum too as I wasn't sure who/where to seek advice from - thanks in advance!)

Mentioned in this post
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,419 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

"We want to spend the whole journey in the cabin with the kids and intend to bring a picnic dinner".

So you aren't going to leave your cabin !?

Why are you sailing then?

May aswell get Eurostar to Brussels and train from there to Rotterdam !

poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template…

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

Hi

Only travelled in a stanard cabin and there is a plug socket but take a european adapter.

We take our own kettle and an electric coolbox, which also works in the car 12v.

They provide some entertainment for kids which is free and play areas. Nice lounges where you can relax. You will be asleep most of the time anyway.

I think you will get a Tv in a club cabin.

Hazel

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

As someone who "does`nt do boats", I was persuaded to go on the Hull to Bruges ferry for my daughter-in-law`s 40th, (sailing on Friday the 13th no less). I can only say,come out of the cabin ! Walk round on deck, enjoy the restaurants and lounges, it seems such a shame not to sample what is on offer.

Mentioned in this post
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,419 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

"the Hull to Bruges ferry"

Did you get a horse-drawn carriage to pick you up from the ferry terminal in Bruges?

Mentioned in this post
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

Unfortunately we had to share a coach (minus horses),I will think about the more exclusive mode of transport next time.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

You have probably travelled by now but the club cabins are only a little better than the standard ones unless you book the five berth ones. These have a TV and a double bed as well as three single bunks. There are also suites on board but these arnt included in the two for one offers.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

You can't take your own alcohol on BTW they search you now!

Grantown-on-Spey...
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

Hi all,

we had a lovely journey and had a 5 berth club cabin with telly, double bed, ensuite shower, kettle and drinks as well as 5 champagne vouchers. Since my young(er) lads didn't want theirs we had the 5 between us.

It was so relaxing and nothing like the brutal ferry journeys across the Irish Sea from decades ago.

I would recommend booking this sort of room for the well rested, relaxing, and comfortable start to our busy weekend.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

Hi

I have booked -5 berth club. Can you be specific for me please re the bedroom? Is there a separate double bedded room & then 3 singles?

I'm travelling with my 2 children & their friend, just need to know?

Separate lounge -?

Many thanks!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hull to Rotterdam P&O ferry - Club cabin - what's provided?

The five berth come with a double bed and a single fixed next to it with an aisle between them. A further two singles are in the roof and are pulled down to a couple of feet off the floor when they are to be used. There should also be a TV in the cabin as well.

Edited: 9:19 am, April 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kingston-upon-Hull