We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

Which Kingston-upon-Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Level Contributor
96 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

Hi, I know someone already posted this question and I've already tried to google the answer before coming here.

I am planning to travel on the overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam. The ferry leaves at 2030, so I am thinking I have to be there before 1900 (to be within the 90 mins check in time).

Since I will be travelling from York earlier that day, I will be arriving via train at the Hull Paragon, is that correct?

I read that there are shuttle buses from St Stephen's shopping centre to get to the docks, and they say the bus departs at about 1715.

I don't want to get to the docks and not know what to do while waiting - are there later buses leaving for the docks, or is that the only one?

Because if that is the only one, then I'll probably just grab a cab - how long is the journey anyway? Apparently the docks isn't that far from the city centre.

Thanks a lot!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,415 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

This is the information from the P&O website; it looks like the 17.15 is the only bus.

By bus/coach:

From the interchange, next to St Stephen's shopping centre to the terminal at King George Dock: departure at 17:15 hours. From King George Dock to the interchange, next to St Stephen's shopping centre: departure after arrival of ship. Price: £3.25/€5 each way.

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Level Contributor
96 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

Thanks. Got that bit of info from the P&O website also.

Any idea how long a cab ride will be? Then I might just get into Hull a little later, grab something to eat and then just take a cab at about half six or so....

Any idea how much a taxi ride will cost me?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,415 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

Sorry, that I don't know - maybe someone local will know. However on the map it doesn't look very far, about 3-4 miles - and there will be taxis at the Station.

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

It isn't far at all- haven't checked but sure it will be £5-10 as the cabs here are 'black plate' so more than blue plate private hire.

The bus interchange and the station are 'integrated' and cabs are always outside- very direct route to docks.

You could spend the time in the St Stephen's complex (TK Maxx/Tesco) which is just across the entry/exit for buses- observe pedrestrian sign's, bus drivers are notorious here for accumulating points as in Death Race!!

Cafe Vanilla/Starbucks just opposite side of main road. Very safe at that time- less so when you are safely on the boat and under way.

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Level Contributor
96 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

Thanks a lot...!

I just don't want to be hanging about with nothing to do after checking in, just because I thought I had no other choice but take the shuttle bus at 1715.

In that case I'll probably wander around St Stephen's for a bit and then just take a taxi to the docks.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

For the record, the proper timetable for the bus to the ferryport can be found here: stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/…20677.pdf .

The bus leaves at 1700 and 1730 on Monday to Friday, and at 1715 on Saturdays and Sundays.

However, there are lots of buses that pass the entrance to the port on the Hedon Road - go to yorkshiretravel.net/journeyplanner/enterJour…

and put in "Hull Station" and "HU9 5QA" into the from and to boxes for more details.

Having said that, I would agree that a taxi would be a better choice in your circumstances.

Phil-the-Bus

7. Re: Bus from Hull Paragon to King George Dock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, January 28, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kingston-upon-Hull