We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
car hire

hello. I am hoping someone has suggestions for car hire from Royal Tunbridge Wells for 2 days over a weekend.. We will be travelling down from London by train and hope to pick up car from station but it appears there are no car hire companies there.Thank you for any suggestions. Julie

6 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,914 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

A very quick google search brought up these options

sixt.co.uk/car-hire/…tunbridge-wells

u4vehiclehire.co.uk/www.u4vehiclehire.co.uk/…

There's also Enterprise & Europcar at Tonbridge.

If you are looking for rental on a Saturday then you will need to get there before midday and they will be closed Sunday

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

Your googling may have been fruitless because it's generally just known as "Tunbridge Wells".

From that helpful list from Ronaldo, I'd choose Enterprise, who will also deliver to your accommodation.

Mike

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,914 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

It might also be a good idea to look at taking the train to Gatwick and just renting from there. Not that far a drive to Tunbridge Wells from there and lots more choice. also open 7 days a week.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,875 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

Car hire firms at Tunbridge Wells are based outside the town centre. The station was built 150 years ago before car hire. If you can fix up something, you may need to take a local taxi (which are always available) the couple of miles from the station to the car hire depot.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire

The above mentioned car hire firms in Tunbridge Wells are both based in Quarry Road, which is at the bottom of Camden Road which is in the centre of Tunbridge Wells, probably a 15 min walk from the station & could take just as long in a taxi depending on traffic volume. From London you would be better of getting out at Tonbridge as the Enterprise office is just around the corner, will probably save you a good hour, has easy access out of the town whereas in TW you will have a hard time finding a quick route out.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,875 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire

I used to live in Camden Road, not far from the Quarry Road end. The first 200 yards is up a steep hill, which I remember less than fondly. I reckon 15 minutes walk also.

Reply to: car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted