We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pantiles place apartment

Auckland
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
pantiles place apartment

We are looking at various apartments for a week long stay in Tunbridge Wells. We have found one that overlooks the Fish Market in the Pantiles and another one that overlooks the Collonade. Can anyone tell me if these will be noisy? ZThere is also one called Plaisance. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,309 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: pantiles place apartment

I lived in the area for 35 years so can offer these thoughts.

The Fish Market should be called the old Fish Market as it hasn't been a working market for decades. It's now the Tourist Information Office, which might be useful!he Collonade is a row of fairly up-market shops etc.

The picture here

visittunbridgewells.com/site/…the-pantiles

shows part of the Colonnade.

The Pantiles can be noisy at night as there are a lot of pubs and restaurants in the area, but if you are in one it won't matter. The area is fairly well preserved, as I am sure you have read and is a good base for the town and its amenities.

The Plaisance apartments in Mount Ephraim are just outside the centre of town but Mount Ephraim is a fairly busy road, so I imagine that an apartment facing the road might be affected by traffic noise. But it's close to the common and only five minutes walk from the centre of town with all the shops, bars and restaurants you could wish for. Some good pubs round there as well.

Hope that helps and enjoy your trip.

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: pantiles place apartment

Agree with the previous post. The Pantiles will be relatively noisy on a Thurs, Fri & Sat night - but it won't be comparable to a city centre-type noise, as its actually a really nice area and gets a good mix of people in the restaurants and pubs. The Mount Ephraim property will be close to the hospital, so there might be the odd siren noise, but otherwise, the traffic shouldn't be a massive issue late at night - you certainly shouldn't be kept awake at 3am or anything in either property. Mount Ephraim is probably handier for the "modern" end of town (shopping mall, coffee chains etc), whereas the Pantiles is the prettier and more charming older area of town - with lots of independent (and expensive!) shops.

3. Re: pantiles place apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 07, 2010