We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Commuting to London

Which Canterbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Commuting to London

Hello,

I am moving from London back to Kent in a couple of weeks and will be commuting back to London three days a week from Canterbury west station. To park there is it possible to buy tickets in advance? a season ticket doesn't work out financially as it's cheaper to buy a ticket each day however I also don't want to have to find change every day and would rather have the ticket in advance if I can. Does anyone else commute in from Canterbury west and how do they go on about buying parking tickets?

Thanks

Jamie

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,309 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Commuting to London

This statement appears on the parking company website,

"Please note: Purchasing any tickets/permits in advance does not guarantee you a parking space, although it is our policy to try and ensure parking is available for season permit holders up until 0930hrs, Monday to Friday."

I guess that in common with most other South Eastern stations it's season ticket holders who get first grabs.

http://www.southeasternparking.co.uk

Sandwich, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Commuting to London

I have always found it easier to find a space in the city council car park in Station Road West. You can pay by using your mobile, especially useful if you are running late!

Canterbury, Kent
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Commuting to London

I think we all avoid taking the car if possible - options are bus, bike, kind friend.

4. Re: Commuting to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 11, 2012