We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in kent - need help with itinerary

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in kent - need help with itinerary

Hello

We are a couple driving to Kent from London with a 5 month old baby this weekend. We are staying in Maidstone. I need help in planning our stay.

We will reach Maidstone in the afternoon so are planning to stay in the town and may be enjoy spa treatments at our hotel. Is there any other town/place that we could go to for a while before heading back to Maidstone?

Next day we plan to go to Canterbury. Can we combine any other town/worth seeing place with it (sandwich, whitstable, folkestone, etc). We like castles, beautiful views....any worth seeing beautiful cliff/sight. Something unique and different would be great.

Day 3 we intend to spend the entire day at broadstairs - beach & town.

Day 4 we will check out from hotel. What can we see on our route to London. May be something within Kent or on the route.

I would really appreciate some help. I have a few days only but don't want to miss anything worth a visit.

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,901 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 4 days in kent - need help with itinerary

Definitely see Sandwich - an historic town with one of the largest collection of medieval buildings in the UK, and an interesting Town Trail you can follow - pick up a leaflet from the Guildhall.

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 4 days in kent - need help with itinerary

Thanks a lot much everyone. Your suggestions have been very helpful.

Here is what we have finalized:

Day 1 - after checking in hotel (Tudor Park, Marriott) we would head to Rochester (if my baby permits). Else will go to the Maidstone town. Any suggestions for must see places or walks in Maidstone and restaurants.

Day 2 - Whitstable, have lunch there and then Canterbury. Any suggestions for nice eating places there where babies are welcome.

Day 3 - Broadstairs (viking bay)

Day 4 - We still need to finalize but it would either be dover castle or Hever castle. I love Rye too but guess we would only be able to manage 1 place so any suggestions as to which one is the best.

Any suggestions are still welcome. I hope we won't have parking issues at any of these places. We are travelling on Sun and will be there till wed.

Thanks once again everyone!!

13. Re: 4 days in kent - need help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 28, 2014