We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPS question

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,036 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
GPS question

Hi. We are planning a self drivig tour in Kent and East Sussex this Summer. I have a Garmin with 2 year old Western Europe maps and a Navigon with 1 year old W.E. maps (as a backup).

The question is: Do I need to purchase an update for these, or roads havent changed so much, and they will do?

I will also take Collins U.K. Road Atlas with me.

Thank you for your replies.

Yuri

Lisbon, Portugal
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: GPS question

I believe that roads are not changing at all. You can buy a simcard at docking: "the 3" gives you unlimited data with an "addon" for 15 also they provide skype gateway to call international numbers.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: GPS question

I would advise getting up to date maps. There are certainly some road changes that I can think of in West Kent... the A2 round the A227 and the A2 around Mereworth for example come to mind easily.. and that's just my patch without much thought.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: GPS question

One plus about the UK road network in my opinion is that signage is pretty good in most cases.

14. Re: GPS question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 18, 2014