We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

United States
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather?

What is the usual weather for July and August on Sandown?

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
4,380 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather?

"What is the usual weather for July and August on Sandown?"

The same as it is for the rest of the UK.....Unpredictable. Could be sunny and 25C+ or cloudy/wet and 16C, (and that could happen on consecutive days), probably won't snow though !!

Regards.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather?

The usual weather anywhere in the UK is usually unusual.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather?

Joking apart, it could be 16 degrees and wet or 28 degrees and sunny - the UK is one place where even the weather forecasters cannot accurately predict our weather and are often wrong. Last Wednesday was supposed to be the hottest day of the year in England but where I live it was cloudy, wet and cold with the sun peeping out at 4 pm.

Having said that, the Isle of Wight regularly tops the warmest and sunniest spots in the UK.

If you intend to visit, assume it may be around 20 degrees, bring layers of clothing and keep your fingers crossed for some sun !

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather?

A few years ago, in June, I set out on a bicycle in t-shirt and shorts to cycle round the IOW. When I set out from Ryde it was maybe high 20's, sunny with no clouds at all, I was putting suncream on.

2 or 3 hours later, on the southern part of the IOW near Ventnor, it was foggy, visibility of maybe 20 metres, and maybe 10deg C max, and I was freezing my b*tt off until we got to Yarmouth, where it was very hot & sunny again and my companion came close to fainting(no joke).

That was all on the same day, 15 miles apart at a guess, and a few hours apart.

So, as I said, there isn't any usual weather :-)

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather?

Sounds like four seasons in one day, normally that applies to Melbourne but now includes the IOW too !

6. Re: Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Wight