We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Restaurant in St Albans?

Which St. Albans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Restaurant in St Albans?

I am staying in St Albans next week on business.

After enjoying a few real ales in the local pubs I like to have an Indian meal.

Any recommendations please?

6 replies to this topic
St Albans
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Restaurant in St Albans?

If you like traditional, then the St Albans Tandoori is always good. It's at the top of town on St Peters street, next to a couple of pubs (The Cock, and the Blacksmiths Arms).

Opposite side of the road is Veer Dhara. Very good modern Indian food, as is Devdas further north up St Peter's St.

I really love Chez Mumtaj which is a bit off the main drag about 300 has down London Road. It's v. Modern, sort of Indian fine dining. Think French cooking technique with Indian flavours. More expensive and service is notoriously slow, but the food is magic. There's a good ale pub down that way too - The Farmer's Boy.

Irish in...
Level Contributor
309 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Restaurant in St Albans?

Alban Tandoori (very similar name but on Victoria Street) close to the station is a family run Indian restuarant . Very friendly service and good food. I second the comments on the Farmer's Boy. Music there some nights as well. You will find full music listings on the Lemonrock website.

3. Re: Indian Restaurant in St Albans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:52 pm, June 12, 2013

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Restaurant in St Albans?

Bengal Club! Round the corner from the station, on Beaconsfield Road, very stylish and reasonably priced!

Irish in...
Level Contributor
309 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Restaurant in St Albans?

I also recommend The Farmer's Boy. Check Lemonrock for gig details. Alban Tandoori. Friendly family run with personal service (Victoria Street). Chez Mumtaj is great but pricier. My favourite restaurant in St Albans is The Foragers at Verulam Arms. Very interesting menu with lots of foraged food. Buy a dessert from The Pudding Stop. A van parked by platform 4 in St Albans Station weekday evenings. A foodie gem.

Watford, UK
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Restaurant in St Albans?

Singhli Indian Kitchen on Holywell Hill. I went there with a few mates a couple of months ago, and the food in there was fantastic. Really flavoursome and no chemicals at all. This place regularly gets excellent reviews.

Reply to: Indian Restaurant in St Albans?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted