We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

southampton hotel

Merseyside. United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
southampton hotel

We are visiting a ship next sunday but arriving friday until monday. which would be best- holiday inn or premier inn or somewhere else? any ideas anyone.

thank you

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: southampton hotel

Look on TA for hotel reviews. The website londontoolkit.com has a list and a map showing also the location of the cruise terminals,

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
307 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: southampton hotel

The holiday inn is closest to the port or there is ibis, novotel and etap right next to dock gate as well. Oh yes I forgot the new premier inn is close by as well.

Edited: 2:50 am, May 31, 2014
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: southampton hotel

I have never stayed here but we always but work guests up at the Dolphin hotel in the high street. It is an unusual old building (It has a plaque which says "Jane Austen danced here on her 18th birthday") and I recommend the restaurant. Nice if you want somewhere a bit different.

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: southampton hotel

The PI in West Quay Road was built about three years ago and gets good reviews from those staying there. Note that there are two PIs in Southampton. The West Quay one is the most convenient. While it does not have its own car park, you can leave your vehicle for £5 per day in the car park of the nearby shopping centre.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
52,656 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: southampton hotel

You can't really go wrong with Premier Inn, Holiday Inn or Jury's Inn. We also enjoyed our stay at the Dolphin. I think for me it would come down to location and price. The Dolphin is good for the town centre, Premier Inn West Quay is handy for the shopping mall, Holiday Inn is good for the Town Quay, ferries to the Isle of Wight and, last but not least, the Platform Tavern for excellent real ale!

United States
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: southampton hotel

We're staying at The Pig in the Wall.

7. Re: southampton hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Southampton