We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early evening place for meet?

Oxford, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Early evening place for meet?

Can anyone suggest a winebar/hotel/pub to meet my sister in law for an early evening drink. Neither of us know Southampton it is just the midway point to meet. It is the only time I will see her on her visit from Australia so I would like to find a nice place which is easy to find with parking nearby.

Do any of the big hotels have pleasant bars for non residents?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Southampton
Southampton
Hampshire, UK
It's A Pizza Thing
$, Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Uptons of Bassett
$$ - $$$, British, Cafe
Max`s Brasserie
$$ - $$$, Italian, Mediterranean, British
London, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early evening place for meet?

There is a park at the west-central area in Southampton. Sorry! i don't remember the name of the park but it is really good atmosphere wise. You could relax and do chit chat with your sister comfortably. I had visited Southampton few years ago so that is why i don't remember the name of it.

Mentioned in this post
Southampton
Southampton
Hampshire, UK
Derby
Level Contributor
171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early evening place for meet?

The Ocean Village area has bars and car parking.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Village
Ocean Village
126 Reviews
Southampton, UK
London, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early evening place for meet?

"Ocean Village", i think this is the name i was trying to remember. Yeah i am pretty sure that i have visited that place.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Village
Ocean Village
126 Reviews
Southampton, UK
Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early evening place for meet?

Ocean Village is largely housing these days, although there is at least one bar on the waterfront.

oceanvillagesouthampton.com/visit/…

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Village
Ocean Village
126 Reviews
Southampton, UK
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early evening place for meet?

There are two bars in ocean village. The pitcher and piano and banana wharf. Both have bar & retaraunt areas

Both are nice and have views out over the marina. Also there is ample parking at a reasonable cost. I think this would suit your needs nicely .

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early evening place for meet?

The hotels have bars open to non residents. I like the bar at The Grand Harbour and there is parking next to the hotel. Reasonably easy to find if the area is not familiar to you as it sits on a main road.

grandharbourhotel.co.uk/eating-and-drinking/…

Mentioned in this post
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
2,095 Reviews
Southampton, UK
London, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Early evening place for meet?

As i said i have visited ocean village a long time ago so maybe now things are changed.

8. Re: Early evening place for meet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 30, 2014