We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Southampton Dock to Heathrow Airport

Which Southampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stony Brook
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transfer from Southampton Dock to Heathrow Airport

My husband and I will be needing a transfer from Southampton Dock to Heathrow Airport - Terminal 1. Does anyone have a recommendation on a company to use? We have found a reasonable transfer for 59 pounds per person with a company called Silverfleet. Is this company familiar to you? We would appreciate any assistance with this matter as the cost on some transfers is quite expensive. Thanks so much

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Southampton Dock to Heathrow Airport

The £59 is I believe per person in a shared minivan while a taxi company like West Quay cars will quote around £100 for a car (not per person).

http://www.westquaycars.com/get-a-quote

You can also get a taxi to Southampton Coach station (about £10) and then a coach to them airport for £17 pp. http://coach.nationalexpress.com

Stony Brook
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Southampton Dock to Heathrow Airport

Thank you for the information. Those sound like two good options and much more economical than what we have seen online.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Southampton Dock to Heathrow Airport

I will need to travel from a Southampton hotel to Heathrow Airport on a week day in May. Would a train or bus trip be the best and safest in the respect of arriving at Heathrow in time for my flight? Would I be wise to purchase a ticket ahead and is it possible as I live in USA??

Any help will be appreciated!

Many thanks,

Michele

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Southampton Dock to Heathrow Airport

There is no direct train service from Southampton to Heathrow - the RailAir link involves transferring to a coach at Woking so it is more convenient to take a coach all the way from Southampton see post #1 for National Express info.

It should be possible to buy tickets in advance and print your tickets but you could also buy on the day. Aim for a coach that arrives three hours ahead of your flight to allow for delays.

5. Re: Transfer from Southampton Dock to Heathrow Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 24, 2014