We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park at my Home

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
372 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Park at my Home

I have gone on www.parkatmyhome.com website and about 6 months ago got a parking space lined up and have just received word that they are unable to book my car now but have given another spot to park, if I am interested ... has anyone used this group before? If so, do you have some good advice? I now desperately need a parking space for our 20th December cruise on the Queen Victoria!!! I have read many statements about cruise terminal parking and so many are bad ... a bit scared to know what to do, need help, please. Thank you.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park at my Home

Its not "a group" each space is advertised/rented out by individuals so is as reliable as the individual. You could either use the one they suggest or look again.

There is also parkonmydrive , similar setup

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,039 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park at my Home

>>> I have read many statements about cruise terminal parking and so many are bad <<<

And yet you are willing to use scheme which is potentially even riskier?

AS joeintheuk says, all this is is a website that puts individuals with a space to rent out in touch with individuals wanting to pay for a space to park. It's luck of the draw as to whether you get a superstar or a flake (and that applies to both parties).

If you are that worried about your precious motor, go by train.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
372 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park at my Home

I found your response a bit 'tacky' ... I have had my parking cancelled due to a personal problem with the owner and am trying now to locate a place in such a short time ... all I asked was a response as to if someone had used these premises .. I think that you definitely need to 'soften your tone' with others.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park at my Home

Hi there

Personally, I would rather "risk" long term parking at the terminal than leave my car on the drive of a person I know absolutely nothing about, just my opinion naturally.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park at my Home

Parking is always an emotive issue as individuals needs differ so much. All I would say is that as a stranger to the city you would not know from an address on a website if the person renting the space is located in one of the less unsavoury areas.

Cruise parking does look expensive taken in isolation but surely given that your cruise would be something special why risk your vehicle being parked somewhere you wouldn't dream of . Look at those with park mark as at least it gives a measure of reassurance that they have been vetted http://www.parkmark.co.uk/

Reviews on parking are sometimes a little skewed as people are often quick to comment on something that went wrong/didn't suit them but not so quick to praise.

I hope you find a space ok and enjoy your cruise.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
372 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park at my Home

Thank you all ... for all the great information .. we have now booked our parking.

7. Re: Park at my Home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:53 pm, December 09, 2012
Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
372 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park at my Home

Thank you, but we have now found parking .. but will keep the information for future use. Take care.

Hadleigh, Suffolk...
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park at my Home

You have a very unpleasant way of communicating with people

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
372 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park at my Home

A 'sixties icon' .... I would have to pass.

Get answers to your questions about Southampton